WOW- I finally got my cat out saturday >

WOW- I finally got my cat out saturday

Notices

WOW- I finally got my cat out saturday

Old 07-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW- I finally got my cat out saturday

After replaceing both impellers, which is a total pain on 2.4's, I went out for a blast from the selfridge launch saturday. Just me and my throttleman, and what a rush it was!! When we got up on plane, and got some speed up, I definitely was a bit on edge. I've been out on several cats this year, but none like this, and not with me driving. The good thing is, after a few minutes of me thinking we weren't hauling ass, I realized we were, all the while I was thinking we were still going slower, but I guess I just got into the groove of the waves, and was concentrating on flyin it level, and boat traffic, more than on how fast we were going. No, I dont have any speeds to report, but the big v's that were racing each other, seemed to be going pretty slow when we passed them. We did a full tour of lake st clair, and were only gone for a short time. Went thru muscamoot, back by the north channel, thru anchor bay, did a few fly by's at my place to scare my neighbors, then over to garwoods, and got yelled at in mac and rae's for idleing too fast, even though we made no wake, I guess some people are just DICKS!!, but they got the oh well, and I told them "then throw me a paddle D*CKHEAD"!! Then we stopped for a second at garwoods and I was no framiliar faces, so we went to strawberry island for a flyby and back to selfridge. It's really wierd how much ground you cover in this boat in no time at all. But what a good time. With all the bad things I've been reading on cat's, I was really nervous about it at first, but after a few minutes, I calmed down, and just made sure to take the turns nice and sweeping. What a fun time I had, just thought I'd share this with all of you.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 07-22-2002 at 11:09 AM.