WOW, finally a nice day...

Notices

WOW, finally a nice day...

Old 06-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default WOW, finally a nice day...

...on the Potomac River. Surprisingly, the river was in really good shape yesterday, Sunday. We did not make it out Saturday with the threat of storms and all. 43Thunder, I think we saw you in Mattawoman heading into the marina, in the afternoon.

Neda did a GREAT JOB this weekend. She drove from Mattawoman to Fairview (25 miles or so), and the river was not set for cruise control, she had to drive the boat, and did very well. She also did all the ramp duties after launching with the truck. She parked it, as well as backed in the trailer, and pulled the boat out. I think with a little more practice, we will be down pact in one fluid motion.

Yesterday could not have been better. The water was a perfect 1-2 foot chop; for speed runs, but I was full of fuel so we did not push it hard.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that was us. We launched at Smallwood because we wanted to be close to the trailer in case the weather turned south or if we had a problem witht he new motor. We did a short blast over to Tim's around noon on Saturday. We stayed out Saturday night at Mattawoman with a raft of 10 during the day and 7 for overnight. The boat is running great now. Even got some sun on the face yesterday. Feels great being back out there. Sorry we missed you. Sounds like you and Neda had a great day as well. The River was not as trashy as the last time out - pleasantly surprised. Until next time....

B&P
Old 06-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,

Thanks for the invite yesterday. I am sorry we could not take you up on it as it was the best weekend so far this year. We were knee deep in boxes and bubble wrap getting ready for the move by the time you called. Sounds like everything went well and you did not meet up with any of those submerged logs I have been hearing about. Glad to hear Neda had a great time as well.

Ty
Old 06-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

B&P, Glad to hear the BT is running well. That had to be a thrashing to get the motor back in so quickly. It is a about time you guys saw some good luck and boating in the same weekend.

Ty, No problem, we got going late. We shall get together one of these days. The river was choppy anyhow. Neda did a great job with the trailer. The Avalanche makes rear visibility REALLY bad. but she did a great job.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Registered

What are the plans for this weekend???

Tim's "Not on the Fourth" is this weekend as is the postponed SPPVI in Mattawoman. Hopefully the weather holds. Keep in touch and hope to meet some of you.

B&P
"Thunderstruck"
Old 06-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default This weekend

Looks like the weather may be in our favor this weekend for once. (Keyword being....may) Had to do a quick motor change 2 weeks ago to make the Poker Run at Tim's so the Checkie isn't as fast but it has old reliable in there. We will be out all weekend and willbe at the Not The Forth Show. Anyone who is out, give me a call on my cell 703-447-3453
Joey
Old 06-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Well, I have a lot of work to do on the boat before it goes back on the water. I wet sanded the entire deck, and a few trouble spots with oxidation and blemishes. I need to compound, polish, wax, and aply BioKleen. She is running fine though.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:04 AM
Registered

Sydwayz - so does that mean you will be out this weekend or not?

Shah Mat - we will be at the Swim Platform Party at Mattawoman. Call us if you want to join. Patti cell - 703-407-9106 or Bill cell 301-674-2773

B&P
Thunderstruck
Old 06-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Not sure, depends on what I get done tonight and tomorrow morning.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Well, we hope everything goes well and we see you out there tomorrow.

B&P
Thunderstruck

Quick Reply: WOW, finally a nice day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.