Notices

Speakers

Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

riverboater, I sent you a PM. I'm a Wet Sounds dealer in Western KY.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default may want to consider Polk Audio as well...

I just finished an install last weekend. This is the first time I have used Polk Audio components and have to say I'm very impressed. This is a very basic two speaker system in a new to me fish-&-ski. After quite a bit of research and reading good reviews I got Polk MM651UM 6.5" coaxials speakers and a PA D2000.2 amp. Upgraded the headunit as well to a Clarion CMD-7.

All I can say is WOW! The amount of volume and sound quality of this system blows me away. Now it doesn't hit the lows like it would with a sub, but runs surprisingly low with no distortion at insane volumes. The stereo imaging and overall fullness of the music with this two speaker system is crazy. Totally exceeded my expectations. Based on this experience I recommend taking a look at Polk.
Attached Thumbnails Speakers-dash.jpg   Speakers-cmd7.jpg   Speakers-amp.jpg  

Old 03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thinking of changing the JL 6.5 to the new 8.8.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by riverboater
What are you guys useing for speakers
Looking to run 4 speakers 2 subs
I will also run two amps also
You didn't mention a budget, which is key!

JL is at or near the top of sound quality, and long term durability. A properly tuned JL system is studio quality.

However, I have designed and installed some of the loudest clearest sound systems on our lake for less than $1000 for everything. Using A sony head unit, sound stream 5 channel amp, twin kicker comp cr subs, fostgate prime 6.5", cap and 2 gauge wiring kit. With proper speaker placement it will be louder than you ever need, with out distortion.

I wouldn't tell the guy that 2500 to spend to move down to the above items I mentioned, I also wouldn't tell a guy that only had $1000 to start with only 2 jl's and a small amp because he couldn't afford what he really wants.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I just finished an install last weekend. This is the first time I have used Polk Audio components and have to say I'm very impressed. This is a very basic two speaker system in a new to me fish-&-ski. After quite a bit of research and reading good reviews I got Polk MM651UM 6.5" coaxials speakers and a PA D2000.2 amp. Upgraded the headunit as well to a Clarion CMD-7.

All I can say is WOW! The amount of volume and sound quality of this system blows me away. Now it doesn't hit the lows like it would with a sub, but runs surprisingly low with no distortion at insane volumes. The stereo imaging and overall fullness of the music with this two speaker system is crazy. Totally exceeded my expectations. Based on this experience I recommend taking a look at Polk.
I purchased the DB6501 Component 6.5s for my boat last year. The quality is great for the price, no question. And the sound quality is great as well. However, these speakers have some serious directional issues, and do not work well for low mounted applications. I am actually looking to move to a different speaker because the line of sight for sound is only about 10 degrees. Too bad too, I really like the looks of them.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr

Let me know if you want to get rid of the 6.5's
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I purchased the DB6501 Component 6.5s for my boat last year. The quality is great for the price, no question. And the sound quality is great as well. However, these speakers have some serious directional issues, and do not work well for low mounted applications. I am actually looking to move to a different speaker because the line of sight for sound is only about 10 degrees. Too bad too, I really like the looks of them.
The Mobil Monitor series must be different or it is the angle of the kick panel pods in this Ranger. Actually what surprised me about these speakers was how high and wide the sound stage is considering their low placement. They are not directional at all in my application.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr

I changed one pair of 6.5's and one pair of 7.7's for the 8.8's and it is a massive difference. Also plenty of people in the market for used JL speakers.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet Sound Sinister Amp, SD6 6 channel amplifier does an amazing 185 watts x 6 at 4 ohms, 290x6 at 2 ohms and Bridged the amplifier does 585x3 at 4 ohms, you would only need this one amp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.