Project: Broken Arrow Apache Getting a Makeover

Notices

Project: Broken Arrow Apache Getting a Makeover

Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I have to wholeheartedly agree and gently disagree:

1. Definitely a lot of boat for the money.
2. Though it's headed overseas, the project will put people to work right here. Win-win.
hey anyway to stimulate the economy is a good thing. we arent getting any help from the govt!! just seems like the cool stuff always gets shipped over seas. kinda like the guys in china doing doughnuts with the 47 apache lol
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
that's a lot of coin for a 22 years old boat! is'nt it?
Yeah like a Ferrari Daytona is just another 40 year old car!

Fact is there are only about a dozen 47s left. Medicine Man had smaller power and sold for 1/2 of what BA sold for. The power difference alone was worth the price difference.

I thought BA was a fair price but Spirit of Apache is the most perfect 47 available and it is still cheaper than a new high line center console from Cig/NT/MTI. Not sure why SoA hasn't sold, maybe it is the off brand/self built motors.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah like a Ferrari Daytona is just another 40 year old car!

Fact is there are only about a dozen 47s left. Medicine Man had smaller power and sold for 1/2 of what BA sold for. The power difference alone was worth the price difference.

I thought BA was a fair price but Spirit of Apache is the most perfect 47 available and it is still cheaper than a new high line center console from Cig/NT/MTI. Not sure why SoA hasn't sold, maybe it is the off brand/self built motors.
Have to agree with Jupe on the value of Broken Arrow in that it is, in fact, a classic and there aren't many to be had. For folks who like new stuff, it probably holds little interest. But buyers interested in owning a piece of history, it's pretty cool. To each his own.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Spirit of Apache is the most perfect 47 available and it is still cheaper than a new high line center console from Cig/NT/MTI. Not sure why SoA hasn't sold, maybe it is the off brand/self built motors.
That IMHO is the sticking point. I believe they are around 665 ci. Seems Offshore Powerboat engines of this caliber are in the 557 ci range. And of course it is expensive to changeover. There are highly qualified engine builders on this site that would know for certain. An incredible powerboat nonetheless

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That IMHO is the sticking point. I believe they are around 665 ci. Seems Offshore Powerboat engines of this caliber are in the 557 ci range. And of course it is expensive to changeover. There are highly qualified engine builders on this site that would know for certain. An incredible powerboat nonetheless
You want smaller engines?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick G
I hope it dosen't end up on the bottom of ocean like the 50 foot Nortech I read about that some Prince sunk of the coast of Hawii .

RG.
I read that article a ways back somewhere. Poor boat. They used a local charter Capt to run it and chit happened. sorry for the hijack. continue...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
You want smaller engines?
I'm hoping that one of the ace offshore engine builders on this website could answer the question in a professional manner. I'll poke at it with a stick......possibly the larger ci engines are less desirable from a durability standpoint.