Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Steel Building Recommendations? >

Steel Building Recommendations?

Notices

Steel Building Recommendations?

Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In 2004 I had a 46x65 building with 16 foot ceilings built by Morton Buildings. I had it built on a foundation but can be built as a pole barn. Mine is insulated with 2- 14x14 overhead doors. It is very functional and fits in nicely nicely with the rest of the property. Morton has been in business for over 100 years. great product!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 years ago I put up a 80x120 Morton Pole barn. I am still very happy with it. This year I plan to tear down a 40x100 section of my shop that is 60-70 years old and replace with a 60x100 Morton.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just started mine here in Ga. Renegade steel buildings gave me the best price and set me up with a contractor. So far the service has been unbelievable. Call Kevin Welch and tell him Beau Renfroe told you to call. They cover the whole southeast.
706-654-3138
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I erect metal building for a living, well, maybe 50% of my living. Having erected Butler, Metallic, Star, VP, Alliance, Necur and a half a dozen other brands...I can tell you a metal building is a metal building is a metal building. If they are an engineered building there is no difference other than flashing details. They all have to meet the same regs, they all use the same steel, they all use the same panels and panel paint. Although there is paint options within the industry (Kynar vs. poly). Everything else these building manufactures and salesman say is nothing more than bullsh!t.

You can save some money if you are flexable in sizing and colors. When a building is ordered, most manufactures require 15% down. So folks will pay the down money and walk from the building for whatever reason once it is complete. Check the local and major manufactures websites, you have an opportunity to get a building for a 15%+ discount and they are open for offers! Great deal but, you have to except the size and colors already chosen.

Good luck.

Last edited by RebarBox; 03-31-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

just for chits i put in steel buildings on ebay and found this..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

also http://www.usedcheapsteelbuildings.com//
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If your looking for a build it yourself metal building Versatube is easy to assemble and better than the cheap metal buildings built on your site by the companies contractor. I did add one extra run of purling per side and two on roof (vertical metal siding and vertical roof). I saved a lot of $$$ having the metal siding,roof and trim made local (formed and cut to length). When I was choosing the color I had all the color samples in the sun 12noon the off whites and the desert tan were the only ones not hot. I did a 25'x40' with desert tan and fiberglass insulation. http://www.versatube.com/?gclid=CKDP...FUqoPAodmzEA-Q
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Given this is for toys I recommend the following:

1. Insulate it
2. Sloped concrete floor with drains so you can wash cars/boats
3. Shingled roof. I would stay away from steel roofs, they leak after 5 years or so and then you are constantly chasing them. Shingled roofs are easy to repair.
4. Heavy duty beam for chain fall. Or enough height for A frame.

I built a 65 x 120 pole barn for an indoor riding arena 16 yrs ago and the shingled roof has never leaked.

Wannabe
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We put up a lot of Nucor Steel building's, also a great company to work with if ur going to do a steel frame if u have any questions feel free to give me a shout. My father and I own a construction company in Grand Rapids Michigan. So we're more than welcome to answer any questions.

616-813-1013
Justin Bultsma
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
just for chits i put in steel buildings on ebay and found this..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

also http://www.usedcheapsteelbuildings.com//
I am considering a couple of these, i figure the eight and a half foot eave should make it a little easier for a first time kit builder and i also have a builder friend that will help. Contact PARADOX on here, he gave me a bunch of good advice as well as everyone else that replied to my thread. Peter also sells them i believe, hope to use him if i get to the point i can pull the trigger on them .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duro-Steel-4...item3a7fc1267c
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

What kind of costs is a good deal when looking to purchase and or have someone build a 50 x 60 for example. Is there per say a dollar sq. ft price one should stay within so your not paying too much. A friend about 2 years ago had a 60 x 60 steel building fully insulated with concrete floor built in the dead of Texas winter for right around 39 k. IMO I thought that was a good price because concrete work is so damn high.

Last edited by BUP; 04-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.