Turbine Apache Update: First Run a Success

Notices

Turbine Apache Update: First Run a Success

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Turbine Apache Update: First Run a Success

An update from the first test session, http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...a-success.html.

Congratulations to a safe and successful run today to everyone at AMF.

Sorry, guys, no running shots just yet.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite the custom package....47 Apache.....gas turbines.....Arneson drives!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 04-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The Weather Came In" Soooo, It got too Rough for a 47' Apache ?

I think Not
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice job AMF. When on another thread it takes three years to get a boat. It's nice to see a group able to put a plan together, execute a plan, and reach their goal.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
With all due respect, if we wanted to paste our news directly into a thread, we would. The link to speedonthewater.com, which takes a second to open, is there for a reason. Reporting news is our business. What we ask, and what is protected in our copyright, is that the news be read on our own site. We don't have message boards and never will, so all the discussion comes back here and to the various other sites that carry our news.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am not trying to come down hard on you. It simply means that news is our business. We don't charge readers ... we only ask that they visit our site, which opens in a separate window so you can read and get right back to the discussion on offshoreonly.com, to read it.

Thank you.
sorry,,just trying to make it easier to read for the members..no offence takin!..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by FIXX
sorry,,just trying to make it easier to read for the members..no offence takin!..
No worries at all, and not a "bad" intention in the least. We know having to open the link is a little more a hassle than just seeing the story, but we hope the tradeoff is worth it.

Thanks for understanding.

Hope to have an update on this story tomorrow.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 04-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by SpeedDoc
"The Weather Came In" Soooo, It got too Rough for a 47' Apache ?

I think Not
I think what Scott Begovich was referring to was the rain that came in today—at least that's what I saw from a quick review of the weather in the area where they ran the boat.

Rain definitely stings in an open cockpit boat at anything above 30 mph, but I don't think that's what kept them from going back out. As Begovich said in the story, they are taking "baby steps" with this one because it's so unusual. A distraction like rain, even light rain, is still a distraction. Better to wait and run another day (although unfortunately there is rain in the forecast tomorrow).

That said, on pure rough-water ability, like you I'm pretty confident that a 47' Apache could crush anything Lake Worth Lagoon threw its way without so much as a wiggle.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I think what Scott Begovich was referring to was the rain that came in today—at least that's what I saw from a quick review of the weather in the area where they ran the boat.

Rain definitely stings in an open cockpit boat at anything above 30 mph, but I don't think that's what kept them from going back out. As Begovich said in the story, they are taking "baby steps" with this one because it's so unusual. A distraction like rain, even light rain, is still a distraction. Better to wait and run another day (although unfortunately there is rain in the forecast tomorrow).

That said, on pure rough-water ability, like you I'm pretty confident that a 47' Apache could crush anything Lake Worth Lagoon threw its way without so much as a wiggle.
That and Tornado warnings yesterday afternoon, it got nasty in a hurry down here.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Quick update: I spoke with Scott Begovich this morning and the weather did not cooperate today. They are on, weather allowing, for next Monday.