Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Notices

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So I`m on a Poker Run and one of my good friends ***** ass wife is not having a good time cause its "too windy" then she proceeds to sit down between the front seats while we`re hitting waves. I`m like why the F are you sitting on the floor? After he tells me he really doesn`t like going fast either.. ok then noted!

Then theres this other dick so called friend who never brings anything but water and food for himself and his GF ..both of which don`t drink so they`re a buzz kill to start with, no offer to pitch in for gas $$ is standard, then the week after he calls my wife and during their conversation proceeds to tell her how good she looked that day..
Tells your wife how good she looked, and he doesn't drink. Can see if a friend is all ******up, when you drink judgement goes out the window honest mistake but not sober.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Great Thread!!!

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I cannot imagine some of you being in the situation where your friends bring additional uninvited friends. That in my mind id about as classless as they could be. I can forgive a lot of stupid things guests do but not that.
ed
I have a dove hunt on my farm every year. I have had big problems with that. Can't tolerate it on the boat though... too small!

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
Me: "Wanna go out on the boat with me this weekend?"
Them: "Sure, that would be awesome!"
Me: "Cool, meet me at<insert marina, restaurant,or gas station here>. Bring whatever you want to drink, and grab me a 12 pack too"
them:" I have to bring you beer too?"
me: "either that, or split a tank of gas with me....it's 140 gallons"
them:"whatcha drinkin?"
Pretty much what I told my buddy. I put in 250 bucks in fuel and you buy the beer, drinks, ice, etc. None have problems with it.

Short story: I was lucky enough to go for a boat ride once in a 46' Skater with a turbine. Ran up to 170mph or so. My payment to get a ride was to wash it after we got through. I thought that was a deal of a lifetime! One of the reasons was Howard Arneson was the pilot!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of the pet peeves mentioned I agree with, like picking up after your self on my boat, keeping you beer down so the Boat Patrol doesn't see it, and shoes on the vinyl. But my #1 pet peeve and I can't believe no one else has mentioned it is the unexperienced boater.

It's bad enough when they sit first in line at the boat ramp and don't tell anyone that there waiting for the inside lanes because there the only ones with docks, while the outside lanes are empty. Then they back there boat off and leave it tied up to the dock instead of taking the 30 extra seconds and moving it to the courteous docks. How about trusting or teaching one of the 10 passengers to hang out in the no wake while you park the car.

And the guy that comes to the swimming hole without any buoys or tie up ropes, not to mention he's got a group of people that are clueless about boat courteousy.

I can fix all the pet peeves on my boat, I don't have any control over others and that's my biggest peeve.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Sung to the tune by George Thorogood & the Destroyers,, I boat alone All by myself You know when I boat alone I'll be by myself. Sometimes that is the best, cause I can run like I want, Jam to tunes like I want & don't have to listen to or cater to anyone. Randy
sounds like fun, then everyone wonders why you left them.....
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBoat
People that roll up to an open beach an throw anchor so their boat drifts one foot away from yours. And you have to sit an watch their shiii box all day to make sure it wont hit yours.

And those stupid orange Chitos. They never clean off white interiors.
A few years back when I had my Baja 250 Force, The first weekend I had been cleared to go back boating by my back surgeon.. We were backed up to a beach, anchor off the bow and a shore spike on the stern. Siting in my chair on the beach and watch this dumb ass and has gigantic wife (and what seemed like a litter of kids) back up to the beach right next to my boat and the. Litterly dropped the anchor off the bow as the drive was already burried in the sand. Well there was a nice current and a decent breeze, so it didn't take long before the bow was heading toward my boat. So I yelled to them to watch out and not hit my boat. Them the fat a$$ yells at me "why don't you get up off your lazy ass and help". I responded by stating, "I am not here to insure you have fun and safe day on the water. I am also not a f-ing valet. If you can't safely back your boat in with out hitting other boats, do like the rest have done and beach the bow. And do you see this giant f-ing black support around my mid section? Its not a weight lifting belt (my back brace, because I just had back surgery). So I am not going to jump into the water and put myself between my boat and your dumb asses". They then proceeded to pull anchor, head down the beach farther and did it all over again, until they finally realized it wasn't in their limited skill set to back a boat into a beach properly.. How hard is it to understand an encore will not hold your boat directly under your boat? When I back in I drop my anchor a good 20+ feet out, back in until close to shore, shut it off, jump out and pull it in. Have a passenger up front tie off the front anchor when I say, then set the shore spike and tie it up to the transom cleat, and done.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boats74
THIS!
You knew you had something and didn't bother to tell me before hand..
If i had a dollar for everytime......
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

In this order
(1) people who back down the ramp and then begin loading the boat with coolers, poeple, dogs and whatever else they can find to hold me up.
(2) spray sun screen: It goes everywhere except on their body
(3) fellow boaters that don't have enough anchor. I can't count the times that I have had 4 boats tied to mine because their anchor won't hold.
(4) Boaters who cannot load a boat on a trailer. Really, my wife can do it and she can barely drive a car.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't smother them all with a pillow, so I listed my boat for sale. I give up.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by captain caveman
I don't turn around for hats. If you lose your hat, raise your hand. Then i'll raise my hand, and we'll wave goodbye together.

Too funny!! My new boat rule!!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Strangers asking for rides. At the boat show or something is expected. At the local watering hole and I've never met you... hummmmmm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.