Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
need  to manufacture a new style power tool. boat related . who can do it? >

need to manufacture a new style power tool. boat related . who can do it?

Notices

need to manufacture a new style power tool. boat related . who can do it?

Old 04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default need to manufacture a new style power tool. boat related . who can do it?

I have designed a new power tool. Boat related. Its basically likea right angle ,cordless drill. With a special attachment.cant tell what its for yet. I have fully designed it and made a working prototype i use it all the time. Its awesome. I'm working on the patent pending now.

I want it to be made in America ! Ihave been looking for months and can not find anyone listed that can make it for me. Plenty of places make hand tools, air tools and machine tools. But no cordless electricstuff.

Please dont tell me names like craftsman, riobi, dewalt. I dont want the middle man, i want the manufacturer.besides ,theyre all made in china....
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it for?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Registered

What part of " can't tell you YET " dont you get?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Going to be tough finding a US company to build your device. Unfortunately most of the electrical components in all these devices are made over seas, except for the big companies which you listed above. You might have to break it up between a few companies, to manufacture different pieces of the unit. Which then you put it together, or you can go on Shark tank and see what they can do.

Good luck!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is almost no manufacturing left in the US for cordless and air tools. Even the Major players like IR Snap-On have moved much of there products overseas. The problem you are going to see is volume, how many do you think will be sold?. Are you targeting people who do this for a living, or private boat owners. You are really going to have to watch your price point if its individual owners.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered

Boot, I have a little experience is what you're wanting to do, albeit non-USA, but the principal is the same. Google is your friend. "short-run manufacture" "rapid prototyping" "3D printers" are starting points. MOST of the prototype shops are also limited-run manufacturers, too, or they are asociated with some.

What you're probably going to end up with is a few boxes of parts/subassemblies sourced from a half-dozen places, varying from hi- to moderate-tech and, unless it is just flag-waving, both Mexico and Canada have a lot of small shop sources, and certainly Europe does.

I suspect, other than grips, the mechanicals and electrics will be off-the-shelf ... somewhere. "Cordless" may be more than a small issue, from an IP standpoint, as the technology is still young enough to have lots of patents wandering around. If there is some particular cordless design you favour, have you talked to them about licensing, or buying motors and linkages?

PM me with your number and we can talk about it.

Speaking of ... (and not to hijack your thread, overly) ... does anybody make these 'elevator' boxes? even custom fabricated?

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ce-boats-.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYnJHQHGH70

Bob

Last edited by goatskin; 04-23-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

does this tool vibrate
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

my guess would be a drill fixture to punch the side of a bravo transom to get at the steering pin. Just a guess...
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

is it for screws?? anyone can get a patent,,where the real money comes in is protecting your design which couls cost ten's of thousands..
Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scooter
Going to be tough finding a US company to build your device. Unfortunately most of the electrical components in all these devices are made over seas, except for the big companies which you listed above. You might have to break it up between a few companies, to manufacture different pieces of the unit. Which then you put it together, or you can go on Shark tank and see what they can do.

Good luck!
I forgot about shark tank. Dothey stillhave that show on the air?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.