How to make Desert Storm even more fun

Notices

How to make Desert Storm even more fun

Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default How to make Desert Storm even more fun

We have always had a great time at Desert Storm but this year we did something different and i volunteered to take a couple of the marines along on the run.

It was great to see the expressions from them as we were cruising down to Havasu Springs, hell just going thru the channel they were having a blast. Even though i don't have a 100+ mph boat they still had a good time.
i guess i just kind of take for granted the boating fun but this was new to them and i must say that it really made my day.

We all enjoyed ourselves and i was having them on the boat was a pleasure, even though they thanked me when they left ( and texted thanks later) when they saw me hanging out on the boat they came up to thank me yet again. In hindsight it was me that should have thanked them.

At one point we went straight under the helicopter that was hovering in the middle of the river so hopefully a pic comes up so i can send it to both of them.

The only regret was that i didn't have a bigger boat since there were quite a few marines that didn't get a ride.
Attached Thumbnails How to make Desert Storm even more fun-img_2611.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story. I miss taking out the make a wish kids on some of our past runs. I honestly can't say who had more fun, me or them...
Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Kudos to you Dan, offering the ride. I attended DS last year and I was disappointed that not one boater [ I've seen boats with one or only two on board ] offered a seat for the marines when asked by the organizers. I got a seat with Havasu Hangin [ 35 cig cafe] who already had his boat full. Thanks Jeff. If I had my boat down at DS, I definitely would have offered a ride.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I bet those kids enjoyed their day and had stories to tell afterwards. You're good people.
ed
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

The Support our Troops Poker Run at LOTO has a ton of service folks in all kinds of different boats. They are easy to spot as they have short hair and are grinning ear to ear! They appreciate every minute.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Banned

Way to go Dan!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
We have always had a great time at Desert Storm but this year we did something different and i volunteered to take a couple of the marines along on the run.

It was great to see the expressions from them as we were cruising down to Havasu Springs, hell just going thru the channel they were having a blast. Even though i don't have a 100+ mph boat they still had a good time.
i guess i just kind of take for granted the boating fun but this was new to them and i must say that it really made my day.

We all enjoyed ourselves and i was having them on the boat was a pleasure, even though they thanked me when they left ( and texted thanks later) when they saw me hanging out on the boat they came up to thank me yet again. In hindsight it was me that should have thanked them.

At one point we went straight under the helicopter that was hovering in the middle of the river so hopefully a pic comes up so i can send it to both of them.

The only regret was that i didn't have a bigger boat since there were quite a few marines that didn't get a ride.

Great idea Dan......and riding on a Top Gun isn't like you hooked them up with a Bayliner ride!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, good job my friend!

This world would be a better place if more people were as generous as you are!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

" Like " Nice to hear.

BTB
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

One of the reasons I think we'll be heading to LOTO for the Support the Troops run this year. The people I MOST want to give a ride to are my cousin and her husband currently stationed in Germany. He heads to Afghanistan for his 5th tour in August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.