Like Tree0Likes

want a custom motorcoach to tow the boat with ?

Old 07-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Gottahaveit, You got it ! But shot gun buys gas !

Mika & 290PG, The 18 is rated for big power . It is shifted like a 13 but you can split the high side and the low side but you don't need to when you have the power ! The low side of a 13 is like you are spliting every gear ,you have about 250rpm's in each gear ,which means you shift real fast ! The low side if the 18 (if you don't split um) Is about 500-550 rpm's per gear .It's like skipping a gear on the 13 . It's real nice .Just take your time and shift 1-2-3-4, switch to high and go 1-2-3-4, again .Thats it ! 8 gears but you are able to split all of them if you need the ratio for what ever. Actualy with a 500 cat and 3.70 rears (talltire) I can start out in 2nd or 3rd so you only need to shift 5 or 6 times . It's the cats ass of trans !
The "auto shift " I refered to is not an automatic as we know it . It is a manual trans with a clutch that you only use to clutch to start and stop .Not used for any gear changes .YOu have a gear shift that has "nutral , reverse, forward , and hold ." If you put it in forward ,let clutch out and GAS on it , The computer completly shifts it by it self .You just hold the gas down and the computer gains and drops rpm's and changes gears so smooth ! It down shifts too ! My friend just got a new one with a 600 cat and an 18 speed auto shift ,3.55 gears ! It's Panelites show truck .The company that makes the stainless accessories for trucks . It's got the Chrome allusion(SP) paint over black cherry . It changes to every color , from every angle ! Here is a couple shots of it .Since these pictures it has had more done to it .It's been lowered too !
Attached Thumbnails
want a custom motorcoach to tow the boat with ?-alex%5Cs-truck-2-crop.jpg  
Old 07-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

another
Attached Thumbnails
want a custom motorcoach to tow the boat with ?-alex%5Cs-truck-crop.jpg  
Old 07-28-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Mika ,What is that over the rear axel in your picture ? Looks like something swings out .

290PQ , The 15th will be cutting it close but keep in touch ! Motors are starting to go together tonight .If I can get all the rest or the parts they will be together by next weekend .

I hope ...........
Old 07-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Registered

Joe,
I've only seen a few of those autos you are talking about. Do you know if they are tied into the trucks engine ECM? That could become an issue on a tranny swap.
The scans I have are sh#$%y, anyway that "tongue" over the rear axle is actually a small 5th wheel set up and over the top of the 5th wheel is a large sleeper that goes all the way to the back of the truck. The thing is just kind of notched in there. It was just a super clean set up for a 5th wheel, not much room to work on stuff but cool nun the less. Everything was run so tight together it almost looked like an articulated(sp?).
That is one sweet KW. Chromallusion is cool stuff. I haven't seen it used on any boats yet. Maybe the Ocean Express needs a chromallusion job$$$$$$$?
Old 07-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

Hey Mica , Could you send me that picture of the 5th wheel set up so I could see it better ? Thanks ! [email protected]