Another Havasu DCB near miss >

Another Havasu DCB near miss

Notices

Another Havasu DCB near miss

Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Unfortunately.. a felony; even throwing an Nerf football would be so.

But I tend to agree with you.

With a pass like that, there would be words, fists, soybean oil (paintballs) or other projectiles flying at some point.
are you saying it,s a felony to shoot a paint ball gun at a boat,that would be my luck,the azzhole driving the boat puts me and everyone else on my boat in danger,and i would end up in jail for a felony.if you catch him at the boat launch and beat his azz it,s a battery charge and that,s a misdemeanor charge,dont ask me how i know that!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little close for comfort but it didn't seem to upset the people in the pontoon boat, they were laughing and smiling.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
are you saying it,s a felony to shoot a paint ball gun at a boat,that would be my luck,the azzhole driving the boat puts me and everyone else on my boat in danger,and i would end up in jail for a felony.if you catch him at the boat launch and beat his azz it,s a battery charge and that,s a misdemeanor charge,dont ask me how i know that!
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-154

"Shooting at or throwing missiles, etc., at train, car, vessel, etc.; penalty.

Any person who maliciously shoots at, or maliciously throws any missile at or against, any train or cars on any railroad or other transportation company or any vessel or other watercraft, or any motor vehicle or other vehicles when occupied by one or more persons, whereby the life of any person on such train, car, vessel, or other watercraft, or in such motor vehicle or other vehicle, may be put in peril, is guilty of a Class 4 felony. In the event of the death of any such person, resulting from such malicious shooting or throwing, the person so offending is guilty of murder in the second degree. However, if the homicide is willful, deliberate and premeditated, he is guilty of murder in the first degree.

If any such act is committed unlawfully, but not maliciously, the person so offending is guilty of a Class 6 felony and, in the event of the death of any such person, resulting from such unlawful act, the person so offending is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

If any person commits a violation of this section by maliciously or unlawfully shooting, with a firearm, at a conspicuously marked law-enforcement, fire or rescue squad vehicle, ambulance or any other emergency medical vehicle, the sentence imposed shall include a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of one year."
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
Mike.. Your straight forward demeanor always cracks me up... lol.

Unfortunately for us, we live in a world where it's not illegal to be an *******.. But it's illegal to slap one.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

I boat that area all the time and the first thing you need to get accustom to is the close proximity of other boats that pass but that was rediculouse and completely unsafe if my passengers were laughing I most certainly would not be. Nothing funny about that just scary.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RIPJIVE9311
I boat that area all the time and the first thing you need to get accustom to is the close proximity of other boats that pass but that was rediculouse and completely unsafe if my passengers were laughing I most certainly would not be. Nothing funny about that just scary.
Go back and read post #8 of this thread and then let me introduce you to Nervous Laughter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by patyacht
Go back and read post #8 of this thread and then let me introduce you to Nervous Laughter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter
thanks for this post...I had read #8 before, but I have slept since then....that puts to rest the idea that perhaps the people on the pontoon knew the idiot in the cat.....and that the person operating the cat was just an idiot and an ass
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

I can tell you that guy would have gotten a good chewing from me and even worse probably from my wife. That is just uncalled for. No reason that he could not have gone around more or stopped. Nothing more than I am more important than those people on the pontoon, and that would have set me right off.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a super guy! This is why everyone loves performance boaters and wants more of them around (what a facking TOOL).
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

No excuse for that fly-by in that way, and consequences are definitely called for.

As a practical matter, in the mind of the captain a crash was not likely, probably,...IF he or she was lucid (which might be questionable by itself). But the sad fact is probability and the unexpected too often come in conflict in an instant...then the worst happens...and lives change forever. Not worth the rush, the show off, or momentary sense of ego.

What a moron.

I2D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.