Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's back.......06 TG, former submarine >

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Notices

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All those crazy insurance companies paying out claims for no reason. Somebody should tell them all they have to do is wash it down with a bucket and garden hose and give it back to the owner.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a nice boat when i bought it in 07..
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Salt Bath -Bath Salt, Pick one It's Miami
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
New parts are new parts, does Jesus Christ himself bless the boat if lip-ship fixes it??? I'm in the aircraft business and to be honest most of the worst repairs I have seen came straight off the biggest name shops floors. The reason is because they have the name and nobody questions them. Most of the best work I have ever seen comes from a small shop where the owners own name is on the line...
Pretty much yes
Phil stands behind his work and has been in this biz longer than almost anyone.

With my current boat he told me it was ready to go so i flew in, hopped on the boat and ran it 160 miles to key west, how many dealers would you trust doing that with on a used boat?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Having bought a boat that sank, its the stuff you CAN'T see that makes you worry.

2006 Active Thunder 37'. Roll over in salt water...sat for who knows how long while insurance salvaged it. Here is what you cant' see until you get into it.

Looks good de-rigged:

Not so good after you cut into it....

Floor is finished too. Thank GOD the transom and stringers are made out of composite!!!

So same year boat, similar things happened to it. I wouldnt expect the 06 TG to be any different once you took it apart....

Last edited by Rambocj7; 05-06-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
Having bought a boat that sank, its the stuff you CAN'T see that makes you worry.

2006 Active Thunder 37'. Roll over in salt water...sat for who knows how long while insurance salvaged it. Here is what you cant' see until you get into it.

Looks good de-rigged:

Not so good after you cut into it....

Floor is finished too. Thank GOD the transom and stringers are made out of composite!!!

So same year boat, similar things happened to it. I wouldnt expect the 06 TG to be any different once you took it apart....
First off salt water does not rot wood,second judging buy the looks of Your boots and the knuckle bustin Chinese tools,You are in over Your head.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Registered

Wow, your trying to diminish a posters credibility about the damage done by sinking by questioning his tools? Do you really think anyones buying it? I pack that same Crescent tool kit in my boat, bought it at Costco. Also pack it in the travel trailer. A SnapOn tool box doesnt fit in the engine compartment of many boats and high end tools rust just like cheap crapsmen or chineese built Crescent.

When you sold your Checkmate did you discose the fact that it had sunk before?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IROCDave
Wow, your trying to diminish a posters credibility about the damage done by sinking by questioning his tools? Do you really think anyones buying it? I pack that same Crescent tool kit in my boat, bought it at Costco. Also pack it in the travel trailer. A SnapOn tool box doesnt fit in the engine compartment of many boats and high end tools rust just like cheap crapsmen or chineese built Crescent.

When you sold your Checkmate did you discose the fact that it had sunk before?
Yes,and that was 21 years ago,I sold the boat for 10K and supplied the buyer with 10K in receipts,I just wanted back what I had into it,I still see the boat all the time,and if You would read what I wrote about salt water not rotting wood and He saying the rotted wood is from salt water and NOT sitting full of rain water then yea Credibility comes into play,and the tool thing was a joke,but I ask You this and try to answer truthfully because I can see what Your trying to do here,Would You let a repair shop work on Your boat if the guy came out with holes in His boots a bucket full of Chinese tools?come on now,be Honest.lets not see You act like You did in the Toyota thread

Last edited by Flyin-Bryan; 05-06-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
jfm
Registered

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
First off salt water does not rot wood,second judging buy the looks of Your boots and the knuckle bustin Chinese tools,You are in over Your head.
If saltwater doesn't rot wood can you explain half the boats listed for sale here needing floors or transoms or stringers in NJ. Water rots wood no matter what kind it is. Salt water is just a little worse for the electronics, metals, engines, drives, and the list goes on. His Jap crap tools have nothing to do with a sinker or if he is a good boat builder. Great post!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
Yes,and that was 21 years ago,I sold the boat for 10K and supplied the buyer with 10K in receipts,I just wanted back what I had into it,I still see the boat all the time,and if You would read what I wrote about salt water not rotting wood and He saying the rotted wood is from salt water and NOT sitting full of rain water then yea Credibility comes into play,and the tool thing was a joke,but I ask You this and try to answer truthfully because I can see what Your trying to do here,Would You let a repair shop work on Your boat if the guy came out with holes in His boots a bucket full of Chinese tools?come on now,be Honest.lets not see You act like You did in the Toyota thread
Excuse me?! You know nothing about me or what Im capable of doing. I dont need fancy snap-on tools to build or repair a boat: since when is that a pre-requisite?

I was merely posting an experience I had with a boat that sank. I didnt think I would get flamed for all the surroundings. Am surprised you didnt comment on the camera angle too, obviously it wasnt taken with a fancy Nikkon on a tripod.

Its a**holes like you that diminish the usefullness of forums. Would love to see you broken down on the water and drive right by you with boat full of chinese tools...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.