It's back.......06 TG, former submarine >

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Notices

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
In recent years, this site has turned into a giant drama fest and has long lost credibility in the marine industry.

Sadly most of the menbers who posted revelant information have either stopped posting or moved on altogether. There were once very brilliant minds here to learn from.

It makes me sick that the majority of posts are worthless drama filled drivel...

Kurt

I agree Kurt, thats why I have saved a handful of past screen names in case of an emergency question, I can PM them. 99% of the good, knowledgable old timers will PM you back an answer.....they just dont post in the sh!t slinging threads anymore and its too bad.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
In recent years, this site has turned into a giant drama fest and has long lost credibility in the marine industry.

Sadly most of the menbers who posted revelant information have either stopped posting or moved on altogether. There were once very brilliant minds here to learn from.

It makes me sick that the majority of posts are worthless drama filled drivel...

Kurt
So very true Kurt....That's one of the reasons i barely post anymore. I have been a member since 02-03. The ORIGINAL Blue Martini crew. The heart of OSO has been lost. I can barely count with my own two hands people that still post here from the original OSO group.....

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 05-08-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IROCDave
Wow, your trying to diminish a posters credibility about the damage done by sinking by questioning his tools? Do you really think anyones buying it? I pack that same Crescent tool kit in my boat, bought it at Costco. Also pack it in the travel trailer. A SnapOn tool box doesnt fit in the engine compartment of many boats and high end tools rust just like cheap crapsmen or chineese built Crescent.

When you sold your Checkmate did you discose the fact that it had sunk before?
Crescent brand pliers and wrenches myself. Stanley rubber handle screwdrivers. Craftsman sockets. Stays in the dockbox. Metal sprayed with Boeshield after each use, excess wiped off, put up and 5 years in brackish environment have a little surface rust but no pitting on anything.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
That's exactly what everyone I know sez about OSO who all have been heavy posters since it's inception. Seems since Facebook and Twitter has taken off folks think every statement has to be in the form of sarcasm, insults or uneducated guessing.

With reference to fresh vs salt water, the biggest destroyer on the "engine compartment" area or the guts, is MOISTURE. A tablespoon of water in the bilge over a long period of time creates humidity. Humidity is the nemesis of anything metal. Motor mounts, oil pans, starters, drive/tab pumps etc. etc. will corrode from uncontrolled MOISTURE.

So unless your boat is being swamped by huge waves, or your passengers are sunbathing on your motors after climbbing back in the boat soaking wet from the ocean waters, what type of water you operate in only mildly makes a difference.....it's the MOISTURE fellas. Of course the caveat is how well the owner babies his toys. If you're lazy or don;t give a crap, fresh water left unchecked will rust a boat to hell too.

Moral of the story....keep your bilges dry, and control the humidity when it's covered up regardless if it's under a roof or not....Prost!

Spot on. Unless you don't mind the extra effort, and just want to go boating, Outboards for saltwater, Inboards for fresh. We own different boats for that reason. My freshwater Fountain goes in the shed, put in dehumidifier, go home. The outboard boat hangs above brackish water 100%. Both have miniscule maintenace costs. And almost no rust.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
So very true Kurt....That's one of the reasons i barely post anymore. I have been a member since 02-03. The ORIGINAL Blue Martini crew. The heart of OSO has been lost. I can barely count with my own two hands people that still post here from the original OSO group.....
i heard we... er, i mean, "they" are all talking somewhere else!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clothes, or tools really aren't a big concern, its the quality of the work the matters the most. as for this particular boat 150 sounds steap, theyre several boats with #6s and big power that can be bought for less than that, im def not knocking that boat sunk or not its beautiful.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I didnt own a Fountain all my tools would rust
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

As for the boat in question. When someone would inquire a simple statement of, "it sunk (but did it really? I thought this one lost the rear corner) but had a 80 grand refit to fix it", end of story. I wouldn't put it in a Craig's list ad or you would never get a phone call.
Come on, there is a bunch of TV shows about bone yard cars being restored and sold/given away as new. Why not a boat? If you can flood a homes basement and not even have a musty smell when Servpro leaves, why not a boat?
If they would have put the "sunk boat" up for sale for minus the rebuild cost the Ins Co put into it ... 150 - 85 = 65 grand would it had been worth it? Come on guys the trailer is worth 15+ grand alone.
I'm telling you if I was in that price range (way to much money for me) it would have been a simple fix. Compared to some of the boats I rebuild a sunk boat would be a much better start then what I find in the woods or behind marinas and homes.

As for cheap tools, have a set in all the boats for emergency repairs. On the water simple repairs are only thing that going to happen anyway. Good tools stay in the garage.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
As for the boat in question. When someone would inquire a simple statement of, "it sunk (but did it really? I thought this one lost the rear corner) but had a 80 grand refit to fix it", end of story. I wouldn't put it in a Craig's list ad or you would never get a phone call.
Come on, there is a bunch of TV shows about bone yard cars being restored and sold/given away as new. Why not a boat? If you can flood a homes basement and not even have a musty smell when Servpro leaves, why not a boat?
If they would have put the "sunk boat" up for sale for minus the rebuild cost the Ins Co put into it ... 150 - 85 = 65 grand would it had been worth it? Come on guys the trailer is worth 15+ grand alone.
I'm telling you if I was in that price range (way to much money for me) it would have been a simple fix. Compared to some of the boats I rebuild a sunk boat would be a much better start then what I find in the woods or behind marinas and homes.

As for cheap tools, have a set in all the boats for emergency repairs. On the water simple repairs are only thing that going to happen anyway. Good tools stay in the garage.
i agree 100 % with this poster .ive bought and sold many boats bikes cars that got wet from hurricane sandy myself and ive resold them all . every bike i bought all harleys of course 9 so far all ran with no issues at all. now as far as advertisement its all in the way its done and price .tell it was a storm sandy victom after all the titles say salvage .when i buy them i dont have any idea where its been what has happened ect .if its priced right it will sell .so why is everybody hammering this guy on the boat why doesnt 1 person call and ask see if the guy is open about it .but no we sit here and hammer the guy !! why i ask are anyone of us even in the market for it .no !!just more oso drama ..gauranteed if he posted the boat sank he would get no calls .however if he gets the chance to explain what happened and what has been done extensivly it may change things and if not just walk away .after all no one is holding a gun to your head to buy it .now im sure im gonna get plenty hammered from the flamers here for this post so go ahead flame away .
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

OK ^^^^ I will start-- why is your Handle Smokin Gun and a Formula in Pic

Just Sayn

Last edited by Quinlan; 05-09-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.