Noise police are a drag

Old 07-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The blow boaters would love that.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:24 PM
cartman

Angry

If they put a size limit, the river queen will have to go. What the hell is the matter with these people.They love the money the boaters bring to the area as long as you don't put your boat in the water. What about boats that come up form sebago? 45 mph might as well trade your boat for a canoe. Hope I don't fart late at night and disturb anyone.

Old 07-31-2002, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

My boss went to the meeting and the prople complaing are the same group that had the jet skis badded from all the small ponds in the area. What sucks is that they seem to have a little clout with the state.

They did agree at the meeting that is is out of the towns jurisdiction to create or enforce any new laws. They did acknowledge that they can`t even enforce the laws they have now.

Hopefully this will all blow over after labor day when all these babies GO HOME!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya the damn M*******s!!!!! Oh waite that is us!!!! What ever we like the boats with the bass that goes boom
Old 07-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cartman
[B.... Hope I don't fart late at night and disturb anyone. [/B]
The green police will be checking for frat arresters.

Last edited by ken240; 07-31-2002 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:24 PM
cartman

Soon enough it will be winter and time to stop people form snowmobiling . Hey kurt hope those pipes on your sled aren't too loud.

Old 07-31-2002, 11:48 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn Jeff nothing like kicking a guy when he is down!!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 03:15 AM
Registered

That sucks Kurt. Luckily the noise laws are not being enforced around here. Not many people know they even exist.

My Cig has the reputation of being the loudest boat around. Of course the Dry Pipes might have something to do with it.

I think "Rock-it " may have me beat by a little in the noise dept.
Attached Thumbnails Noise police are a drag-nonfiltered02.jpg  
Old 08-01-2002, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Jim, how`s the Cig running? Did you get the motors rebuilt?Glad to hear that the folks out your way are pretty cool about the noise.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Registered

Kurt, didn't get it going. I'm tearing both engines down and checking everything out. This is a good time to do all of it right. It may take a while, but it will be worth it.

I'm working on some flushing mufflers right now. They seem to work incredibly well at reducing the decibels. My neighbor has a jumping, screaming fit if I start the engines up without them. She claims it knocks all the pictures off her walls. She is actually the reason I designed them. Now all I need is a decibel meter to document the effectiveness and a market to sell them to. Should be able to sell for under $100.

I don't like coming back into a marina, where people are snoozing at 11:00pm, make a ruckus. These will be perfect for sliding on. Of course swim platforms will make it a little harder to perform the install. I don't have a swim step.

Quick Reply: Noise police are a drag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.