Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open?? >

silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open??

Notices

silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open??

Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Well, I guess the scotchguard I put on the tops worked.. dry already even with all the rain.

So good and bad!!

As i was checking out how the actuators work, found the sb outer actuator was not bolted down!! So it was staying closed when i ran it last weekend which could explain why I was off about 1-200 rpms on that motor and why I could only pull 64-5 out of her!! Ran 68 when I seatrialed her the weekend before with 3 guys instead of me and wify.

The bad news is it actually uses a electromagnet to draw in the cylinder and it looks like the lever is pressed onto the shaft or is 1 piece so i don't see how I can adjust without buying parts.. Corsa website says it supposed to be off/open so I don't know what happened.

Does anyone have any pics of their setup so i can see if mine was setup differently when they put the new motors back in???

Thanks

Just as an update!!

I jumped a wire from the S key.. although this worked.. my voltage falls from 12 to 8 while not running and at 12 while running and the other is at 14v. I will be headed to Autozone to pick up a relay so I can wire this up correctly. It had a fuse for the exhaust on the panel, so I will use a relay off the key and let it grab power back from the fused panel!!

other than that, boat ran great!! love having new motors!! I should have only about 14 hours on each now!!

UPDATE: bought relay from AZ.. took 20 mins to install, works like a charm!!

Last edited by nailit; 05-27-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: update!