Notices

Barnaget Bay Boating

Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Barnaget Bay Boating

Hey all, anyone in New Jersey that boat on Barnaget Bay not going to be boating this year because of the debris in the bay from Sandy? Any thoughts?
Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

I've heard alot of second hand information about cars and pieces of homes that are supposedly underwater. I have seen first hand pieces of homes and buildings washed ashore so I do believe that the contents of a few homes are out there in the bay. I'm wondering if the marine police or coast guard will be marking off areas that are high risk to navigation.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure of the condition, a few of my neighbors have put their boats in the water but I don't see them going out very often. I'll take a wait and see approach, which is perfect since one of my engines is still out of the boat.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went out last Sunday, launched in Surf City and just ran down to Beachaven turned around at Southwicks. I stayed in the channel and it seemed ok maybe a little deeper in some spots, the only thing is jjust south of the 72 bridge seemed a little shallower. Were little debries floating, but we need to proceed with caution as I explore more area I will post here.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Put my CC in last weekend and went for a quick ride. Didn't see anything while I was out, and the channel into my parent's lagoon is actually deeper now than last year. So far, so good.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not in the water yet but have some info from a couple of people that is interesting. Apparently the cleanup is targeted now from the canal up under the Mantaloking bridge and continuing south. I was told weeks ago that they already pulled over 35 cars out along with much other debris. I know there is a ton of new sand making a lot of areas very shallow. This morning I was with a friend who has a friend who does marine repair on state police boats and they just ordered 60 or 70 outdrives? If that is true then they are obviously hitting crap in the water. Still can't wait to get my boat in.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shekmark
I am not in the water yet but have some info from a couple of people that is interesting. Apparently the cleanup is targeted now from the canal up under the Mantaloking bridge and continuing south. I was told weeks ago that they already pulled over 35 cars out along with much other debris. I know there is a ton of new sand making a lot of areas very shallow. This morning I was with a friend who has a friend who does marine repair on state police boats and they just ordered 60 or 70 outdrives? If that is true then they are obviously hitting crap in the water. Still can't wait to get my boat in.
I think anything north of the Seaside bridge is proceed with extreme caution.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I think anything north of the Seaside bridge is proceed with extreme caution.

Yeah that is the area that I would think has the most debris scattered in the bay.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

South of Seaside/37 Bridge the water is clear in almost all channels. We have been out in the Bay for awhile. There are still crews cleaning. The main areas of concern are near and around the Mantaloking bridge where the Ocean Reach the Bay. Obviously running at high speeds not in the channels you are asking for issues but everyday boating should be fine for those deciding whether they want to or not. We are picturing this summer as being a locals summer. So make the best of it if you can.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Channel along Lavallette / Ocean Beach area . And yes, that seagull is standing .....

I suggest if you can get out there now while the water is still clear you will get a better idea on where the water is good.
Also, to all boaters, if you spot something please report it so that it can be marked with a buoy by the NJSTP. Clean up crews will then come to remove it.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 05-19-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.