Notices

Whining B I T C H E S

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whining B I T C H E S

How about giving constructive feedback??? HERE IS A LINK

The hardest thing to do on a forum is move from an older version of software to a newer version. The main thing is that they were able to update to the new 4.2 version. That is a huge task in itself. Now they have to tweak the coloring, add in some of the OSO custom features and adjust some features and they are off and running. It looks like posts only go back to 2003, which leaves 10 years of OSO trivial, but there was a major update to OSO in 2001 that folks said all this same B I T C H I N G and it takes a few weeks to respond to and update. JFC!!!

Last edited by Level III Chaos; 05-17-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Like I said on another thread " same boat, different wrap".
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Never did I see one thread asking what changes we would like to see. Member input would have been a good way to handle it.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't remember seeing anyone complain about the old site. Not sure why they changed it, but I think it sucks.. Just my humble opinion Nort..
Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos

The hardest thing to do on a forum is move from an older version of software to a newer version. The main thing is that they were able to update to the new 4.2 version. That is a huge task in itself. Now they have to tweak the coloring, add in some of the OSO custom features and adjust some features and they are off and running. It looks like posts only go back to 2003, which leaves 10 years of OSO trivial, but there was a major update to OSO in 2001 that folks said all this same B I T C H I N G and it takes a few weeks to respond to and update. JFC!!!

How about asking "feedback" or input PRIOR to the change. Now they will play catch up for all the chit we don't like. I wonder what this "upgrade" costs, who and how will be paid for? and why the change anyway? Just a note.. many of us here have a philosophy. that: "if I don't like the movie, I get up and leave." I'm still waiting for my OSO goodies from the last 2-3 years past when I paid for it.. LMAO.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How about asking "feedback" or input PRIOR to the change. Now they will play catch up for all the chit we don't like. I wonder what this "upgrade" costs, who and how will be paid for? and why the change anyway? Just a note.. many of us here have a philosophy. that: "if I don't like the movie, I get up and leave." I'm still waiting for my OSO goodies from the last 2-3 years past when I paid for it.. LMAO.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

People, by nature, oppose change when they are comfortable with something. That's why we have political term limits and probably why pot is still illegal. It will all be good when it's sorted out and the old format will soon be forgotten.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

GET A FRIGGEN CLUE!!! Updating the forum is hard, give me a break. This forum isn't little waterfront internet bar we hang out at anymore. It's owned by Internet Brands, the McDonalds of internet forums. 10 to 1 they are changing all their forums, the ONLY difference is the BigMac is called the McBoat here as opposed to the other IB sites which serve the McBike, McPlane, McCar, McTruck etc... This is just IB's way of making every restaurant identical, prepping and serving all the food identical, the only difference is couple words on the sign out front and a picture on the wall of the lobby. If this change was actually difficult for them, then they have some real problems.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

So now responding to the thread and just stating an opinion is not tolerable anymore? Now it is called *****ing. I thought 25% of OSO was just this, *****ing and opinionated. Always fun anyway you slice it Nort.

How about that, it automatically censored my spelling!!! New feature.

Last edited by 97FASTech; 05-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish this would have happened about January, then some real *****ing would have taken place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.