F1 Warlocks, boat or crew? >

F1 Warlocks, boat or crew?

Notices

F1 Warlocks, boat or crew?

Old 07-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts
Default F1 Warlocks, boat or crew?

These Warlocks have been doing VERY well in F1 for quite a while now, Ive kind of always thought of Warlock as a cat company as opposed to a Vee company . Is it the boat? are they one off "specials" that the average consumer cant get or a basically stock boat or are the crews just driving the livin' hell outta them............Doug
Old 07-27-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a combination. For a while Warlock had some money and was spending lots of it on F-1 Racing, so I think: 1) they have a good boat 2) there are a lot more of them out there than just about anything else 3) there are some bad ass guys racing them right now. There are probably some much better F-1 boats out there (for different conditions) that most of us will never see or hear of because they don't have a fleet of them out there.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Mike J

I know where one is at in
SoCal 502 crate/Imco, Less
than 15hrs, No Race Boat.
EMail Me [email protected]
Mike J.

Old 07-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..the F1- 29's are fast boats...and seem to run well in all types of water...
Old 07-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

If you ever have the chance, take a ride in one....then you'll have the answer to your question. Whenever I've taken anyone out in mine (I have a 27') they are amazed at the way it rides and handles the rough. Several of them are here on the OSO board.
I am by no means anywere as good a driver as the guys runnin them in F1 , but I have enough confidence in it to go in almost any conditions.
I'm sure it inspires the F1 drivers confidence as much as it does me, and thats why they rum em like they do.
The race boats are built a little differently, but I think the difference is mostly to enable it to stand the pounding it takes in a race. I sure dont treat mine like that. But I'll bet the Fountians, Activaters etc arnt stock prod. boats either.
Dan
Old 07-28-2002, 08:44 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team Liquid is on this board. One member is "Fry". He currently has his boat listed for sale.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Offshore Addiction

Yes the 29' are the best, especially in rough water conditions and handles great. Lance Henrichsen used to build Warlocks and has been part of our team for this year. He loves the boats and knows them in and out. I would not race anything but a Warlock in Factory 1.

Old 07-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Warlock builds phenomenal rough water V-Bottom Boats, along with there well know Cats. Where many other boats sacrifice speed to gain rough water handling the Warlocks maintain impressive top end speeds in the flat as well as the rough. The Factory 1 boats are built utilizing the same techniques, molds, and materials as the pleasure versions, but there are a few differences in the race hulls that allow them to take the extreme race conditions year after year. As mentioned before theses differences are performed by most if not all the manufactures the produce Factory Class race boats.

Teams have successfully campaigned the 25, 27, and 29 World Class(WC) models in Factory 1, E-Class, and Performance Class racing winning numerous championships over the years. Currently the APBA Silver Cup Series is lead by F1-44 Team BRE with a 25 WC, with Full Tilt and Team Liquid both 29 WC in 2nd and 3rd respectfully. In the APBA National Series Flashwave (a 29 WC) is tied for first, with Offshore Addiction (29WC) in third, and H2O Motorsports/Propco Propellers (29WC) in 5th. It takes the combination of a great boat and an outstanding crew to win. Many great teams have chosen to race Warlocks for their exceptinal handling and performance.

Were are anticipating some exciting news that will be announced following the Cleveland Race that will verify the speed and handling of the Warlock 'World Class' V-Bottom boats.

Warlock will be debuting it's new 38 World Class Model next year in the Factory 2 class. Following in the foot steps of it's younger brothers the 25, 27, and 29 WC Models it will prove to be one of the most competitive in Factory Class Racing.

Well before becoming National Distributor I purchased and still own the 27WC Factory 1 boat the won the 2000 APBA National Championship. The boat has done nothing but impressed me with is speed and ability to handle anything I've put at it. I've taken many for a ride on my local lake and they have all been very impressed, and wished they had bought a Warlock instead of their current ride.

Anyone looking for information on Warlock Powerboats please contact us at: 315-697-5849 or e-mail [email protected]
Old 07-29-2002, 11:00 AM
F-1 WARLOCK

If you are looking for a awesomr race boat or a perfect play boat, you cant go wrong with warlocks boats. Carter still builds the boats to the same quality ge always has. I have raced them since 99 and feel comfortable in any conditions. Powerboat mag called the 29 the best handling single engine boat ever tested. Read the article and you will be amazed. I raced with lance in 99 and 00. We never finished lower than third at any race. We one the world championship in 99 and beet the fleet by a min or more in key west. you have to hang the boat out in the flat but it will run. Good luck and call carter