Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hey Kook, How is your friend doing? >

Hey Kook, How is your friend doing?

Notices

Hey Kook, How is your friend doing?

Old 08-02-2002, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, great to see your friend is doing better. You have always come a crossed as a stand up guy and once again you prove that to be a true assessment.....
Old 08-02-2002, 08:47 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad things are looking better... Hang in there...
Old 08-02-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

Mark,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend - keep your chin up!

DR
Old 08-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered

Glad to hear he is improving Kook. We are all rooting for him! Get us that address and let's start an OSO get well card campaign!
Old 08-04-2002, 03:52 PM
kook

Appreciate the offer for a group card...... Should wait until he is conscious, IMHO - then I'll work on the logistics of a card - possibly this can be done on the 'Net. He had been on the Board here once or twice as a visitor.

My buddy's back to doing "nothing" the past couple visits. Kind of a roller coaster - you see progress, then you see nothing. I think he's gonna need at least another coupla weeks before his body will "allow" himself to even consider "wakinge up" - still too much head trauma. He's got a brain drain back in, so they are not sitting him up (can't put helmet on with brain drain attached to the head).

If anyone has been in a similar situation (not necessarily with boats - could be auto accident, motorcycle accident, etc...), send me an e-mail. This emotional roller coaster is kind of hard to deal with, when you're down in the "lows" - hearing from others who have been there, would help make me feel link I'm not alone.

-Mark

Old 08-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Default Mark her is a pick of Connie on her 50th birthday party. She is on the right

a week later she had her accident
Attached Thumbnails Hey Kook, How is your friend doing?-ccc.jpg  
Old 08-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

KOOK, your situation is not forgotten, I have watched the threads closely.
SO how is your friend? I for one am curious, and hoping for the best.
You two are thought of often in this house.

MIKEHTMSR24 What happen to the pretty gal? I re-read everything, what did I miss?
Best to all.
Bryan
Old 08-08-2002, 10:30 PM
kook

Originally posted by Bryan Tuvell
KOOK, your situation is not forgotten, I have watched the threads closely.
SO how is your friend? I for one am curious, and hoping for the best.
Byran:

Not much change. He goes in for some brain surgery on Monday, and assuming that goes well, plastic surgery to reconstruct the facial bones which the brain is currently pushing up against. Some pretty major stuff, but there is little risk that there will be any severe complications. Then, about a week after that, they plan to install what is called a "shunt" - something that is permanently "installed" in the body, to drain spinal /cranial fluid directly into the stomach (or somewhere thereabouts - bottom line is that he'll never know he has it in him).

After all that is complete, then he stands a better chance of coming out of the coma. His vitals are stable, his activity varies from nothing some days to moving his mouth/face, arms, and legs on other days. Not on command, but he's moving nonetheless.

Appreciate the thoughts. It's been beaten into me not to think about the future here - just live one day at a time.

-Mark

Old 08-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Sunsation 32

Mike's post with the picture of Connie is one of our boating friends wife. She was involved in a roll over in a Tahoe on the hwy. She was ejected (not wearing seat belt) and it was estimated the car flipped 5 or more times. She was in a coma for a couple of weeks and her brain pressures were dangerously high on several occasions, like high 30's to 40's. Normal is 17 or less I think. She broke both legs, an arm, all of her ribs on one side, and fractured her C1 and C2 vertabrae. She went through several months of rehab and is doing great now. She still has something in her joints that keeps her knees from bending and that is from the head trauma. Doctors say they cant really do anything about it for 1 1/2 to 2 years. So keep the faith Kook. Miracles do happen, Connie is our proof.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:03 PM
Registered

Default thanks Ashley

couldn't have said it any better.
Connie is one hard girl to pull down.
Mark you said it right, one day at a time
Call Connie she will cheer up anybody

Quick Reply: Hey Kook, How is your friend doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.