Vinyl protectant comparison >

Vinyl protectant comparison

Notices

Vinyl protectant comparison

Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use and really like Spray Nine for a cleaner, I just bought a bottle of 303 to try for a protector
Old 05-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

You don't find Spray Nine to be a little harsh? I've only ever used it as an engine degreaser! haha... but if it does the job, and doesn't hurt say, white vinyl, then why not, right??? haha
Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No, I have been using spay nine since 1990 on all my boats... works well on the white.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chris@uga
You all should try Adam's Interior Conditioner.

Aerospace 303 is relegated to the engine bay in the high end car detailing world in favor of superior products.
Yep! If anyones interested in high end detailing go to autogeek.net and you'd be surprised the great products out there.

Edit: Also, interior protectors do not make the surface darker, it is simply supposed to bring it back to its original color. I personally use this for cleaning http://www.detailersdomain.com/1Z-ei...Kit_p_656.html , and this as a sealant http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs...ant_p_708.html. Amazing products. I have seen boats 9 - 10 years old (the owner wipes own the interior regularly with 303) and it is faded badly. Spray nine and magic eraser are good for stuburn stains however I would not use it often as it will wear on your threads.

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 05-30-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

My biggest complaint with 303 is that it runs when used on exterior car trim when it rains. i can only imagine what kind of mess it would make on a boat.

You can also check out DetailingWorld.co.uk if you want to learn more about European brands. Those guys take their detailing very seriously.

I personally use 1Z on my interior if I'm going for a matte factory finish and I like Adam's Interior Conditioner for a more glossy look.

I bet Ultima's Tire and Trim Guard would really well on vinyl and all the rubber and plastic bits on a boat. That stuff really lasts.

I've always wondered how OptiCoat 2.0 would work on a boat hull. Oh, and I wonder how GTechniq's C4 would work on the plastic bits? I love both of these products on my cars.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chris@uga
My biggest complaint with 303 is that it runs when used on exterior car trim when it rains. i can only imagine what kind of mess it would make on a boat.

You can also check out DetailingWorld.co.uk if you want to learn more about European brands. Those guys take their detailing very seriously.

I personally use 1Z on my interior if I'm going for a matte factory finish and I like Adam's Interior Conditioner for a more glossy look.

I bet Ultima's Tire and Trim Guard would really well on vinyl and all the rubber and plastic bits on a boat. That stuff really lasts.

I've always wondered how OptiCoat 2.0 would work on a boat hull. Oh, and I wonder how GTechniq's C4 would work on the plastic bits? I love both of these products on my cars.
Havent tried GTechniq myself but I have heard good things. I used OptiCoat 2.0 on my jeep and it came out great. Just have to give the car a good IPA wipedown before. Also worked fantastic on windows. I too have wondered how Opticoat would work on a boat. Im sure it would be great.... it would just take 3-4 days to buff the boat out. I couldnt imagine tackling a boat with a 2 x 2 area, however my rupes 21lhr would probably be up for the job, lol!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

I'd definitely use my Dewalt 849x with the wool pad to buff out a boat. I use it with a Dynabrade attachment to turn it into a dual action polisher on the cars. I actually prefer finishing down with my trusty old Porter Cable though. It's smaller, lighter, and easier to handle.

I have used GTechniq's C4 and it's excellent. It has lasted over a year on the car's trim with no signs of fading and repels water like OptiCoat. C4, C5, and C1 are all the same product and work like OptiCoat except they darken the trim more.

OC 2.0 on wheels is the best thing ever. It makes cleaning them incredibly easy.