Notices

steven knight sentenced

Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,320 Likes on 737 Posts

For the guys on here with that kind of money, is that normal to sell a boat for almost a million in Mexico for cash?

I would think when you got to the US there may be some questions.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 05-31-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C'mon, The better part of a million bucks cash, in Mexico (of all places). He was asking for trouble from numerous angles. He got it.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

From what I remember, this was not the first time he was bringing cash back for the sale. I thought he had declared it with US customs the first time. Would you really trust getting paid in anything but cash coming from Mexico?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2,963 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
From what I remember, this was not the first time he was bringing cash back for the sale. I thought he had declared it with US customs the first time. Would you really trust getting paid in anything but cash coming from Mexico?
Yes, he declared the first million as he brought it back the first time. Then gets stopped going through the second time after declaring it.

I was thinking the same thing. If you were getting paid from someone in Mexico and had the ability to just go get it in cash, that might seem to be the safe thing...Obviously not.

I hate Mexico. Dirty, crooked, scum bag ridden country run by criminals.

I too wonder where the boat is. Some drug lords using it as a house of ill repute I'm sure.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank

I hate Mexico. Dirty, crooked, scum bag ridden country run by criminals.

I too wonder where the boat is. Some drug lords using it as a house of ill repute I'm sure.

+1
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

x2 I won't even go there for vactions to one of there resorts.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I thought I read that he had been arrested/did time for trafficking in the past......might change the perspective of the Federales'!

The boat will sadly end up like dozens of high end center consoles (stolen in the US) and rotting in the sun in Mexico: Where go fasts go to die!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 2,963 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
x2 I won't even go there for vactions to one of there resorts.
Nope...I don't care how nice it is. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I remember hearing about this case this winter from someone in Ft Myers who knew him. As it was told to me he sold the boat to a man that the authorities suspected of being be a drug dealer - hence the cash and money laundering charges. I think he was told that if the buyer turned himself in to authorities then they would let this poor guy go - otherwise he was gonna be effed. . What a terrible situation. I used to love going to Cancun every couple of years where we actually used to rent a cars and drive down the coast. Can't imagine doing that now or even going back to Mexico at all. The guy made a poor decision but he doesn't deserve to die in a Mexican hell hole for it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe im stupid.

Why would you not take the cash to an American bank and deposit it/open an account.

Then when you get back to the states transfer/write a check ?

Only if you were going to declare the monies, and do everything on the up and up.

Is this crazy ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.