Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Non Ethanol Soon to be everywhere in FL!!!! >

Non Ethanol Soon to be everywhere in FL!!!!

Notices

Non Ethanol Soon to be everywhere in FL!!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Ethanol Soon to be everywhere in FL!!!!

So I sent a letter, along with others to Gov. Rick Scott reguarding HB4001 and it's intent to discard the useless Florida Renewable Fuel Standard Act....

He signed the bill, and now it is law. Ethanol sucks.....

2013 Bill Action
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Thats fantastic. Hopefully other states will follow suit.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is the only good thing I've heard out of government in some time!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

great new's , when will this start at the pump's ?
thank's
mike
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I would think at the independent retailers first.....and then the more savvy ones. I would recommend visiting your local station, let them know you have a boat, and don't mind paying a few cents above for non ethanol. They are selling more of the other sheet because it is not a combustible, or efficient, so therefore they sell more of it. I would be willing to pay for 93 non ethanol over ethanol at a small premium....maybe .04 per gallon. The long term benefit is way cheaper than dealing with the ethanol issues.....and marinas only have 89
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

From what I read nothing will change it is only a sign of protest type of deal from the State to the Feds, the EPA controls all the ethanol regulations.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

But because of the populous known here.....most registered boaters per capita, we are now clear to have non ethanol available to all. The primary function of the bill is for the benefit of boaters without the extra unnecessary greenhouse gases we get as a natural byproduct of burning the ethanol infused Fossil fuel. For cars and trucks, we can once again have our bmw warranties honored once the news circulates.

Consider this:

Florida and many other states already have non-ethanol, but it is limited to marinas specifically for boats. Some (very limited) states have (also very limited) stations for rvs pre dating obd2.....for recreational use.

This is not to be confused with the farming bill that allows the red dyed diesel to be sold tax free. This is not a taxation issue.....it is an emission/consumption/greenhouse gas issue. Forget the fed in this discussion, as they already allow for a recreational provision. Florida made tougher restrictions (as allowed) and has now retracted.

Best hope is that other boat/rv heavy states follow suit.....then.....hopefully.....the noose loosens...
Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

That is why I get gas delivered, non-ethanol, 90 oct. All the services offer it, I don't think they even have ethanol gas anymore.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

i have two gas stations near me that sell non eth an have for 3 years 90 oct only and it s only one or two pumps that have it its nice i dont have to use a marina.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

It is worth more than a few cents a gallon to use it in your vehicles for the mileage alone..I swear i get 10 percent less mileage with the Eth crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.