Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat >

Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat

Notices

Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat

Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Fountain building boats? I thought they were closed!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
You would think Walker would know Watch Your Back was not only the last one they built it was the only one
+1
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
I think this is Real Fast Marine????Not Fountain!
No, it's Fountain Powerboats. They are not closed, but they are also not what they used to be...but trying. I purchased quite a few parts and accessories from them this past winter. Word has it they have orders for a few new 42's

Real Fast Marine has yet to lay up a hull. However they are extremely busy servicing what is out on the market with their expertise. They are also extremely helpful in answering any and all questions about Fountain boats they once built. IMO the real experts are at RF Marine. However I commend Fountain for trying to keep the line alive.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
No, it's Fountain Powerboats. They are not closed, but they are also not what they used to be...but trying. I purchased quite a few parts and accessories from them this past winter. Word has it they have orders for a few new 42's

Real Fast Marine has yet to lay up a hull. However they are extremely busy servicing what is out on the market with their expertise. They are also extremely helpful in answering any and all questions about Fountain boats they once built. IMO the real experts are at RF Marine. However I commend Fountain for trying to keep the line alive.
I hope they BOTH make it. I know there is definitly some bad blood. What would be nice is if they could find a way to work together but I think there is a better chance of me winning the PowerBall than that happening.

What I would love to see is Reggie build the 40ft Cat he has mentioned on the webpage. I'm sure the answer there is, show me the money and we will show you the boat.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After seeing how the 29 outerlimits totally dominated key west, why would someone buy a fountain? I am not trying to start trouble, just curious!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]503010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]503011[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by shaun harrington
After seeing how the 29 outerlimits totally dominated key west, why would someone buy a fountain? I am not trying to start trouble, just curious!
Shaun
You raise a great question?
But before all the speculation, and rumors occur,,,,,, As the owner of both the boats in question ( Fountain SVL and the Outerlimits SVL ) I can honestly tell you they are different ( like a BMW and a Harley Davidson). They are both incredible boats with superior construction and performance. The Fountain SVL ( Watch Your Back) finished 2nd in KW last year, to the Outerlimits ( Snowy Mountain Brewery).

As a team owner, we had to make a few driver-throttleman changes in the middle of the Key West week between boats, and thus the Snowy Mountain Brewery boat dominated in all three races.
At the end of the day, I can honestly state that on any given day, with the right set up, experienced teams and preparation these 2 advanced technology boats will run side by side.

Personally, I am still getting used to the Snowy Mountain Brewery boat ( Outerlimits), and keep trying to drive it like the Watch Your Back( Fountain SVL)....and they are very different.

The new owners of the first fountain SVL, are doing outstanding,, and I will expect nothing less from the owners for the current one in production, at the Fountain Factory,,,,,,,,

This will be a great second half of the racing season for SVL teams, especially when you combine the most advanced technology in experienced hands,,,,,,

Doc J
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat-2012-fountain.jpg   Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat-2012-outerlimits.jpg   Fountain Building and Backing New SVL Raceboat-kw-2012.jpg  

Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I think you're misreading or misinterpreting his quote. Here it is:

"We hadn’t heard from the racing side in awhile—I think the last one we built was for “Doc” Janssen (Dr. Michael Jansen, owner of the Watch Your Back 30-footer that competed in the SVL class) back in 2009."

When he says "last one" my understanding was he meant "last race boat," based on the what he said in the beginning of the quote, "We hadn't heard from the racing side in awhile ..."

If I'm not mistaken, Watch Your Back was the last raceboat built by Fountain as a Fountain (meaning not a Panther for P1.)

Not trying to argue with, just trying to clarify. Hope this helps.
You're 100% correct That's why you do what you do. You saw it correctly, in my opinion of course
Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to have seen Brian and Doc in the Fountain and someone else in the O/L, just to see who came out on top. No doubt the O/L is one fine machine, but Monkees in the boat make a huge difference.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Registered

That's very true. For some reason the fountain is all of a sudden not very fast. I understand the motor is different also. However there is a big speed difference.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
I would like to have seen Brian and Doc in the Fountain and someone else in the O/L, just to see who came out on top. No doubt the O/L is one fine machine, but Monkees in the boat make a huge difference.
To the best of my memory, doc was in the fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.