Notices

21 Challenger People

Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just noticed this thread

I have a thread on Scream and Fly that some of you will find interesting. Its called Anything Challenger. Starting on page 7 there are quite a few pics and lots of magazine adds and brochures on the Challenger. Enjoy.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...ght=challenger
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Just came across this thread. I know you guya are all about Out Boards, but here's a little 110 mph Challenger we built. 800 hp dry sump big block. Best 21 ft hull I have ever been in. Smitty
Attached Thumbnails 21 Challenger People-challenger.jpg  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Best 21 ft hull I have ever been in. Smitty
Well at least we agree on that...............

Maybe us old guys knew a few more tricks than you think

T2x
Old 12-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A guy down here on the St John's River had a 21 Hammond for years and may still have it. He did have a 900hp motor in it. Sounded really nasty!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Default Hey

1976 Challenger
Boat has great lines. Looks fast just sitting there. Loves the rough stuff

Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Registered

Powerboat did a test with Twin Outboards on the Shadow 21. Bob Nordskog said few boats could handle the power and weight as the Shadow....But he said although a handful, this boat could handle it well.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by funkcity
Powerboat did a test with Twin Outboards on the Shadow 21. Bob Nordskog said few boats could handle the power and weight as the Shadow....But he said although a handful, this boat could handle it well.
That was my demo/play hull back when we were building them, and it ran like a bus for me at about 85 mph all day long in fresh water ( and won a handful of races)....... I recall the Powerboat test speeds were somewhat lower (in salt water) and I never could figure that out. It did take a careful hand to set the trim and tabs, maybe they didn't have the time to try for optimum.

T2x
Old 07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered

have no clue. what a cool boat. i have a 1977 chalenger in west texas.225 1999 johnson. hav this boat for 20 + yrs
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Registered

Default Challenger

I was told by a friend to sign on and look, brings a tear to my eye there's me old summer blaster for many many summers. I bought this boat from Dave at Vans auto body in the early 90's probably 91. Prior to that it was owned by John Brophy who worked at clarks landing, before that a DR. owned it and it said "THERAPY" on the side of it.... Original owner was out of Lake hopatcong...Never got the old pictures prior to my owning it but Dave had them back to when it was Therapy... a good friend Chris Orock who died re did all the stringers, put in those Knees you probably still have off the transom and put the stainless rods down to the stringers too. I'll look for my pics but I had that boat at 84 with me and one other 22 yr old in it light on fuel with a garmen. I miss that boat dearly. I'll try and find some of my old pictures. I had Joe at Broadway signs make me that Challenger sticker thats on the side off an old black and white photo of the original sticker with that killer cleaver style prop
Between Dave and I that boat had blackmax 200, and 225 on the back. Had a 2.4 carbed motor on it, had a 2.5 offshore on there had a fuel injected piece on there and the Mod Vp.. With that Jack plate that boat ran like No Effin Tomorrow.

Originally Posted by vnemous
1976 Challenger
Boat has great lines. Looks fast just sitting there. Loves the rough stuff

Last edited by KBirdmon; 07-27-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

KBird,
You may be happy to hear that this boat is for sale a Fuller's Marine in Pine Beach NJ. The owner works part time there. The boat is in great condition-new upholstry (Sp?), painted deck-to match original gel coat. He's asking $5,500. w/out engine or trailer.

Quick Reply: 21 Challenger People

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.