Bashing of Manufacturers/Brands >

Bashing of Manufacturers/Brands

Notices

Bashing of Manufacturers/Brands

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Bashing of Manufacturers/Brands

Why is there so much bashing of different boat brands on this site? We all share a common love of boating and we should be a "family" of sorts. It's disturbing to see the constant bashing that goes on. We all love our boat and have our own opinions on our favorite brands. If you don't like a particular brand, that's fine, but stop bashing another guy who may love that brand. OK, off my soap box!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mostly good natured razzing.

Kind of like when guys raz each other a out ford vs. mopar vs. chevy.

No big deal really as I'm sure we would help another out even if we don't prefer the boat manufacturer they do.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Mostly good natured razzing.

Kind of like when guys raz each other a out ford vs. mopar vs. chevy.

No big deal really as I'm sure we would help another out even if we don't prefer the boat manufacturer they do.
I agree. Some just get their panties all bunched upped.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Probably because someone could spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a boat only to open a thread on OSO to read someone calling his new boat short or slow, or splashed or heavy or gay or (insert criticism here).
ed
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Probably because someone could spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a boat only to open a thread on OSO to read someone calling his new boat short or slow, or splashed or heavy or gay or (insert criticism here).
ed
A guy buying a 200,000 dollar boat should not give a rats ass what folks on an Internet site type.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Because fountains are the fastest. Cigs can run in a hurricane. Active thunders apparently make good popcorn. Formulas are built better than all else. Everyone else has a bayliner. That's what I gather. Lol
Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

If we can't talk about

the fact that Cigarette's are slow and haven't been a competitive force on the racing circuit in years
or that the LOA on a Fountain is suspect
or that Baja's latest boat paint scheme is a copy of another brands from the 1990's
or that most Outerlimits paint Jobs look like Ronald McDonald barfed on it after drinking every Mad Dog 20/20 variety
or that Active Thunders come with built in popcorn makers and the owners are part of a cult

than that really only leaves us with threads on Truck Towing Capacity, and those threads always peter out quickly.....
Old 07-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja's are for rednecks (I should know, I only seem to get sunburn on my neck).

But in all seriousness, I get it man, people do seem to trash talk a lot of other boats. The reality is that most boats built in the last decade and a half have been miles ahead of boats from prior to that in quality. Even a Bayliner is not that bad anymore (although i don't have any interest in one). I like my Baja, I think it looks really nice, rides great, is built well (not a Formula or Cobalt but still a solid boat), and has enough power for me (for now). I will definitely buy another Baja in the future and don't give a crap what others think.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the razzing is good and fun, but I'd never tell a guy his boat is crap. I have been reading some of these threads that just get out of hand with guys going back and forth tearing eachother apart. Personally, I like all of the brands! They all have good/bad points.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
A guy buying a 200,000 dollar boat should not give a rats ass what folks on an Internet site type.
Then why do we have those sh*tstorms ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.