Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any one feel like going for a sea trail on a boat im buying in st pete? >

any one feel like going for a sea trail on a boat im buying in st pete?

Notices

any one feel like going for a sea trail on a boat im buying in st pete?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default any one feel like going for a sea trail on a boat im buying in st pete?

pls let me know if you are interested, thx rm

here is a link to the boat....http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=77008&url=
Old 07-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice ride.m Are you local to the boat?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by happy hours
Looks like a nice ride.m Are you local to the boat?
im living in medellin colombia, im having the engine oil send out to a lab to see if there are any issues with the engine, just want someone to go for a ride on it with the broker, to be sure there are no issues with it. then i am going to ship the boat down here colombia... rm
Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could pay a surveyor to do this for you and he would probably be more thorough than somebody on here

on another note i just watched cocaine cowboys it had a lot about medellin columbia in it, how is life there?

Last edited by sparky24; 07-14-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sparky24
you could pay a surveyor to do this for you and he would probably be more thorough than somebody on here

on another note i just watched cocaine cowboys it had a lot about medellin columbia in it, how is life there?
cool flick... living her is pretty awesome, it isnt a police state like the usa is becoming... pot is decrminalized, 21 grams on your person or in your car is ok. as is two grams of coke.. i dont partake in the blow but i think a lot of this stuff should be personal choice.

i live in the nicest safest part of medellin, it's beautiful and so clean, there is zero trash in the gutters of my area of the city. minimum wage here is 250 bucks a month, i pay my live in maid 125 a month and a little apt with cable, internet, and HOT water which only a few of the locals have, she can use my pool when she wants, she is happy working here. plus she writes a lot of the romantic letters i send out to hot chicas on colombiancupid.com... she is a college girl studying for her masters.

it cracks me up the locals wont flip for hot water on demand heaters or toilet seats in a lot of the barrios, even a lot of the restaurants dont have toilet seats, wtf

there are no moving violations (speeding tickets) i ride a ktm rc8 v twin 1200 sport bike and crank wheelies and rip around town like a road king.. i have a super moto that i leave every (i kid you not) stop light cranking 3 gears wheelies. the cops always ask me how big the engine is and how fast is it, you can cut cars in traffic legally, if you ride a big bike with an perf exhaust system people get out of your way like you are an emergency vehicle lol... i assume a lot of people will get out of my camaro's way when the hear that big block thunder...if there ever is a problem with the law, like i had my mandatory ins lapse and was stopped by the cops, they wanted to tow my bike, so a hit em up with a 10 buck tip and was on my way... how cool is that?

property taxes are super cheap, i pay the same annual tax here on a million dollars worth of real estate as i did in florida on a 200k house in tampa...

and the women! my god these are someone of the most beautiful women in the world, and sexism is alive and well in colombia bro, let me tell you , the women are so sexy and fine... im probably going to spend the rest of my life in colombia. proveche/enjoy

medellni is the only place to live in colombia, other than perhaps cartagena or santa marta which is a sleepy little coastal town with nice beaches 2 hours east of cartagena.

it is mid 70s to high 80s everyday of the year.

a couple of months ago the cops shut down a main street so everybody could go drag racing all night... that was too hip

there are some pretty cool gringos that have retired in medellin, and you can rent a nice 2 br condo in a high rise building in the nicest part of the city, el pablado for 550 to 650 a month, another 100 bucks for utilities...

you ever want to head down for a week i can show you around... that is until i start my island hotel project in about 2 months or so...rm

Last edited by ratman; 07-15-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

what is the island project going to entail? Can you give us a general run down of what what its gonna be like on the island. Thats my all time dream, livin on an island What is the name of the island again (i wanna google map it lol)

Sounds pretty down in Columbia
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 07-15-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
cool flick... living her is pretty awesome, it isnt a police state like the usa is becoming... pot is decrminalized, 21 grams on your person or in your car is ok. as is two grams of coke.. i dont partake in the blow but i think a lot of this stuff should be personal choice.

i live in the nicest safest part of medellin, it's beautiful and so clean, there is zero trash in the gutters of my area of the city. minimum wage here is 250 bucks a month, i pay my live in maid 125 a month and a little apt with cable, internet, and HOT water which only a few of the locals have, she can use my pool when she wants, she is happy working here. plus she writes a lot of the romantic letters i send out to hot chicas on colombiancupid.com... she is a college girl studying for her masters.

it cracks me up the locals wont flip for hot water on demand heaters or toilet seats in a lot of the barrios, even a lot of the restaurants dont have toilet seats, wtf

there are no moving violations (speeding tickets) i ride a ktm rc8 v twin 1200 sport bike and crank wheelies and rip around town like a road king.. i have a super moto that i leave every (i kid you not) stop light cranking 3 gears wheelies. the cops always ask me how big the engine is and how fast is it, you can cut cars in traffic legally, if you ride a big bike with an perf exhaust system people get out of your way like you are an emergency vehicle lol... i assume a lot of people will get out of my camaro's way when the hear that big block thunder...if there ever is a problem with the law, like i had my mandatory ins lapse and was stopped by the cops, they wanted to tow my bike, so a hit em up with a 10 buck tip and was on my way... how cool is that?

property taxes are super cheap, i pay the same annual tax here on a million dollars worth of real estate as i did in florida on a 200k house in tampa...

and the women! my god these are someone of the most beautiful women in the world, and sexism is alive and well in colombia bro, let me tell you , the women are so sexy and fine... im probably going to spend the rest of my life in colombia. proveche/enjoy

medellni is the only place to live in colombia, other than perhaps cartagena or santa marta which is a sleepy little coastal town with nice beaches 2 hours east of cartagena.

a couple of months ago the cops shut down a main street so everybody could go drag racing all night... that was too hip

there are some pretty cool gringos that have retired in medellin, and you can rent a nice 2 br condo in a high rise building in the nicest part of the city, el pablado for 550 to 650 a month, another 100 bucks for utilities...

you ever want to head down for a week i can show you around... that is until i start my island hotel project in about 2 months or so...rm
Cool info!

This is from Wikipedia:

In February 2013, Medellín was chosen as the most innovative city in the world due to its recent advances in politics, education, and social development. In the same year, Medellín was announced as the preferred corporate business destination in South America and won the Verónica Rudge Urbanism Award conferred by Harvard University to the Urban Development Enterprise, mainly due to the North-Western Integral Development Project in the city.

Medellín is considered a top notch research city in medicine in Colombia, being an exponent of advance surgical operations in the country and Latin America. Health Clinics and Dental Centers in Medellín have become pioneers in offering high quality services in several medical areas. Specialized Health Centres such as San Vicente Foundation hospitals were recognized with LEED certification, Silver Category (Energetic and Environmental Leadership). This is the only hospital abroad of the United States of America that has obtained such a certification . Among the most recognized universities with notable research work in medicine could be listed: University of Antioquia, CES University and San Buenaventura University.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman

This guy is my freakin hero
Old 07-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
what is the island project going to entail? Can you give us a general run down of what what its gonna be like on the island. Thats my all time dream, livin on an island What is the name of the island again (i wanna google map it lol)

Sounds pretty down in Columbia
dave its called muruca island. http://www.puntafaro.com/isla.htmlit is just off the coast of tolu which is a big tourist destination for the locals and some foreigners. cartagena is really pricey so the locals go to muruca..

if you look at the main foto of the island, you see a small hotel on the left bottom corner, that place has 100 beds they start at 140.000cop or 73 bucks a night. their nicer rooms are 240,000cop, the other hotel bottom right is punta faro, not sure how many beds, as they only rent rooms at 678,000cop per night. we want a hundred beds to start in 10 cabins to start and plan on charging 80,000cop just over 40 bucks, we can bump the rates later if we stay packed.

we will be running the guest and tourists to and from the island daily to at 27 bucks head, 15 or 18 at a time, then runing materials all day til the people get picked up to get dropped off back on the mainland...

my partner has two 2600 acre farms that are loaded with teca trees which is teak dude, the cabins and funiture will be all teak for free!!! its impervious to insects termites etc..he also has an 8 acre farm from 9 blocks from the beach and 10 mins to the port in tolu. we will be building the cabins and all the furniture out of the teca wood there at the farm, then loading the 6'x8' wall section and floor sections in a little diesel 26' shamrock cc i am buying this week. the cabins will be glued and bolted together on the island like a pre fab. i going to build them on pilings like a stilt house in the keys but only a meter off the ground to get them up off the hot sand... want to try to go all green, with solar, but will run gensets for th first year i think.

i will sink pilings for our dock which will be on one of the nicest beaches on the island. a bar/rest/general store will be there also... we have room for 30 or so cabins. his family has owned the island for over 30 years. they sold land to the two hotel 20 years ago. there are about 120 indians living on the mid left side of the island he is trying to work a deal to give them titled land on the main land to get rid of them. our project will start at 10 oclock to 4 oclock looking at the island like the face of a clock... the ten cabin at 50% occupancy will net us 2k per day, but i think we will have a much hipper spot then the other two hotels and can run 70% and up. because all the wood is free and i can hire carpenters for 600 or 700 hundred a month i think i can build the cabins for under 10k a pop furnished with appliances and ready to rent....

i just bought a 8k diesel gen set that will burn .2 a gallon at 5kw or .5 per hour at 8kw... but im shopping the solar stuff and as soon as we start renting rooms will start converting to solar...

it is only an hour and 15 min flight for like 75 bucks from medellin... hope to find an old magnum 27cc for shuttling guest to and from cartagena and uce the shamrock to move them to and from tolu... its 50,000cop for th ride from tolu nd 150,000cop from cartagena... i think it will be a blast boats loads of tourists head there every day to use the public beaches...i think i can get a lot of them to eat and drink at our place as the publis area is a little trashy and run down looking.. rm
Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn it sounds f*king great, is there any job market for gringos down there? im 24 years old work as an aircraft mech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.