So Proud of my boat today! >

So Proud of my boat today!

Notices

So Proud of my boat today!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Proud of my boat today!

Alright guys/gals wasn't sure where to put this but needed to share how much fun i had today on the water. So today i went out with a few friends and a few with smaller boats went tuben bbq etc (yes tuben behind the Force lol) just having a good time.. however ive been researching how to drive my boat better and fast and have been trying to play with the trim settings and such and trying to find the sweet spot and i think im getting close to being good because i got her up to 60mph today on GPS yea we were jumpen the water alot but it was def faster then what i usally do so im starting to understand driving the boat faster. i thought the porpoising was a bad thing and now i realize when driving faster less in the water the better. had so much fun walked a Regal 2 times (big block in it) and raced a pretty sweet 26ft checkmate we were pretty even and he hit a lil bigger wave then i did so i jumped on him and he stayed right at my stern from there on out. i was soo happy in the performance of my boat today i had to share any tips on trimming better best way to trim etc. any and all help welcome! here my GPS screen shot from today while racing the Checkmate

Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

nice!, i use to have a boat that went fifty nine and no matter what i tried i could not get sixty. That sucked lol . . . . Enjoy!

Some things about trimming. On your setup you will only find a mile or two an hour on the top end by over trimming. Its hard on the gimbal bearing and coupler so for the most part is best to trim conservatively and enjoy a safer set. My old Scorpion was like that, would porpoise like crazy when it went its fastest and when i set the boat down a bit it only lost a mile or two an hour and was much more drivable. You dont want to be trimmed to the moon when/if you hit a rogue wake or something. Be safe out there

Just saw you boat has the twin 260's thats the same setup i had in my Scorp, loved it. What props are you running? if you dont have counter rotating drive find a lefty Alpha if ya can.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 07-15-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

i had a 26 wellcraft nova spyder with the same power as you , never could seem to hit much over 60 . the guy that bought it from me ended up putting some better props and a counter rotating drive and gained 7 mph .
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Nice, still working on getting mine past 60 w/ a single.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
nice!, i use to have a boat that went fifty nine and no matter what i tried i could not get sixty. That sucked lol . . . . Enjoy!

Some things about trimming. On your setup you will only find a mile or two an hour on the top end by over trimming. Its hard on the gimbal bearing and coupler so for the most part is best to trim conservatively and enjoy a safer set. My old Scorpion was like that, would porpoise like crazy when it went its fastest and when i set the boat down a bit it only lost a mile or two an hour and was much more drivable. You dont want to be trimmed to the moon when/if you hit a rogue wake or something. Be safe out there

Just saw you boat has the twin 260's thats the same setup i had in my Scorp, loved it. What props are you running? if you dont have counter rotating drive find a lefty Alpha if ya can.
Yea she was jumpen outta the water a little bit im pretty sure i was fully out 1 or 2 times but wasnt "too bad" im hoping i wasnt trimmed to much if your looking at a trim gauge you have the all the way up then a mark then the middle then a mark then all the way down at my 60mph i was just under the lower mark between middle and all the way down hoping thats not too much? but nope im pretty sure my drives spin the same way the counter one would add that much? i may have to look into it im running stainless steal M14 1/4x20 prop's 3 blade. any more info on the counter rotation would be helpful do i just need the lower unit or the whole thing?

Originally Posted by state1310
i had a 26 wellcraft nova spyder with the same power as you , never could seem to hit much over 60 . the guy that bought it from me ended up putting some better props and a counter rotating drive and gained 7 mph .
im def gonna have to look into it a 7ish gain might not be too bad haha i was also thinking about trying a 23pish prop thoughts on that? i think im runnen a 20p? (stainless steal M14 1/4x20)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ittledoo
Nice, still working on getting mine past 60 w/ a single.
the thing with mine even having the twins is from what i understand the Force hulls are SOOOO heavy 4800lbs or something close dry weight? so shes a Bi*** to get moven lol
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

is jumping out of the water losing me speed? basically like a porpoising feeling? kinda felt like we were just wave jumping i do have trim tabs but had them all the way up and dident think to use em the boat was fairly level and wasent rocking back and fourth too much just looking for some insight to get the best speed i can outta this thing and drive it correctly how this is my first "speed boat" still learning how to drive it correctly.

Last edited by 88Force265; 07-15-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

i think the guy that bought my nova was running 23p
Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

I ran 23 inch three blade Mirages, they were probably big for the boat but it would cruise all day long at fifty mph at about four grand. The small blocks didnt seem to mind to much other then being super thirsty what with being deep into the secondaries. It did seem effortless though with the twenty threes. Mine had two right hand drives and i never got around to finding a lefty. I have heard it is well worth it though and i think its just the lower. You might look into SEI drives they make new aftermarket ones that are not to pricey. .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

anyone know where to find one for a decent price? also need to figure out the prop i wanna go with hmmmm lol anyone have input on the prop brand and a good place eto pick them up at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.