Notices

Power Loading

Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't the majority of trailers "drive ons" ?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smoker62
Every offshore and fishing boat I have ever seen load in Kenosha harbor was power loaded.Explain how you load a 30 ' boat without getting your toes wet not power loading , by yourself.? Not arguing , I dont own one , so it would be helpful when I do.
You sure about that everyone??? Well ya probably just weren't there 3 weeks ago when I was because I sure don't power load and if that's what it takes to be a "professional" call me newbie forever. If the weather is good this Saturday and I get a transient slip at Southport marina have the stop watches ready cause I'll be the one in the water cranking it on!!! lol
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I typically power load the last 2-3 feet. It's nice having a little resistance to get it on just right. Plus I am at the ramp by myself 99% of the time
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Awash
You sure about that everyone??? Well ya probably just weren't there 3 weeks ago when I was because I sure don't power load and if that's what it takes to be a "professional" call me newbie forever. If the weather is good this Saturday and I get a transient slip at Southport marina have the stop watches ready cause I'll be the one in the water cranking it on!!! lol
Yes I am sure , everyone. LOL. You burned yourself because you said "In the water" . I asked how you load a 30 by yourself without getting your toes wet. Seriously though, everyone I see power loads. Not saying I sit there all weekend just my observation when I am there.

Last edited by smoker62; 07-22-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Yes I am sure , everyone. LOL. You burned yourself because you said "In the water" . I asked how you load a 30 by yourself without getting your toes wet. Seriously though, everyone I see power loads. Not saying I sit there all weekend just my observation when I am there.
lol burned myself?? Uhhh you have me confused with the other poster..

But it has me wondering if I could do it with out getting wet....hmmm if I bring a small raft to take the winch strap out to hook on to the boat, man now you have me thinking!!!

Last edited by Awash; 07-22-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

But it has me wondering if I could do it with out getting wet....hmmm if I bring a small raft to take the winch strap out to hook on to the boat, man now you have me thinking!!!
Sure you can Just take some acrobatics you go from ramp to bumper of truck to tongue of trailer and whala. That what I do early in the season when the water is cold.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally coast up at idle to the trailer and "bump" onto the trailer, just enough to hold the boat centred and still on the trailer. Then I climb off the bow onto the toungue of the trailer, hook up the winch cable and walk to dry land and winch the boat on the rest of the way.

I found if I didn't do this, the back of the boat would constantly move around making it hard to keep centered, if I have an extra set of hands I put a rope from a rear cleat to help keep the boat still, but, it's MUCH easier to just nudge the boat on the trailer. I usually line up with the centre of the bunks, blip the throttle and then shut it off, boat just kinda drifts up onto the bunks and gently stops.

I find the mistake a lot of people make is backing WAY too
Far down the ramp, you shouldn't need to be up to your waist in water just to hook up the bow eye.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

No, I know you didnt post the feet wet comment. Just a blanket cover , my bad.

If you ever need help loading for a day, Im in. Ill pay the days gas and drinks. Thats if Im not up North on my toon. We have our toon on Castle Rock in Necedah and we are up there almost every weekend. I am looking for a boat to keep in the marina here for the weekends we dont go up, or just a nice ride after work. I live 10 minutes from the harbor. Was thnking a nice 30 go fast like an Activator.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

No, I know you didnt post the feet wet comment. Just a blanket cover , my bad.

If you ever need help loading for a day, Im in. Ill pay the days gas and drinks. Thats if Im not up North on my toon. We have our toon on Castle Rock in Necedah and we are up there almost every weekend. I am looking for a boat to keep in the marina here for the weekends we dont go up, or just a nice ride after work. I live 10 minutes from the harbor. Was thnking a nice 30 go fast like an Activator.
Thanks for the offer I'll for sure keep it in mind! The Kenosha Southport Marina and area around are one of the nicest we have found great place.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered

No problem, if your ever here for a weekend you can drop the boat in my driveway for a night if your heading home and back. Save the trailering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.