Notices

Entry level boat

Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merkfalc
A member on the board offered up his '96 outlaw for 12K. Seems like a decent price but it doesn't have the mag and it seems like everyone recommends getting the mag motor.
If I recall correctly the mags have forged rotating assemblies and take boost/mods better.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this baja on the dallas craigslist.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/3939059223.html

And this pachanga

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...anga-27-357747

The baja seems a little high looking at what all is available. Plus, something that old seems like rot would be a problem.

A member on the board offered up his '96 outlaw for 12K. Seems like a decent price but it doesn't have the mag and it seems like everyone recommends getting the mag motor.

The pachanga seems like a really good deal, but I can never get him on the phone to discuss it so I'm not sure about it.
The Pachange by my house looks exactly like the one listed above, except where the one listed has blue graphics the one by my house is forest green.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered

http://briansplaceonline.com/BriansP...9SEARAYPCHANGA

I found some more pictures of the pachanga. It looks pretty good. And no financing would be needed. And some money would be left over.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered

http://briansplaceonline.com/BriansP...9SEARAYPCHANGA

I found some more pictures of the pachanga. It looks pretty good. And no financing would be needed. And some money would be left over.
And the twins are nice
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a nice baja272 boss 454 mag low hrs pm me If your interested...

Matt
Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Matt-your inbox is full
Old 07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If I were buying an entry level boat, I'd look at how I was going boating.

If you are going boating alone, weekdays, or other times/places when there are not a lot of other boats out...
You need a single that is very reliable in both engine and drive. (This will probably be a newer and smaller boat and/or with lower hours)
or
A twin that is moderately reliable, enough that you could always idle home on the second engine/drive. (This will probably be a little larger boat, a bit older with more hours.)

I'd aim for something you will not outgrow immediately. My first was a 26' Sonic with a 500EFI. The boat handled water that a lot of others in that size range didn't do as well; and the power package was enough to excite me and keep me in it so I didn't rush into a 4-foot upgrade immediately.

Good luck.

Stretch of your budget definitely, but you will stay in this boat for a while:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o52485-en.html

26' Sonic in Texas and in budget:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49080-en.html
I can go and look at that Sonic if you want, I pass Legend Marine Group every day, that really is a great entry level boat and the price is right about where it should be. You have a great rough handling boat, with a stock engine that shouldn't need any major work for another 5rys. I would give Sydwaz's recommendation some serious thought.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Can anyone comment on how the Pachanga 27 is in the rough water (open part of the Long Island Sound up to the cape area).
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for y'alls help, but I'm having to put boat buying on a hold. Found out the company I work for might be switching hands and I might have a chance to buy in. I'm going to wait and see what happens there before I look any more.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

are you talking first boat or first performance boat. If you've had a boat before 22ft like you said, I would look into a 25-27 performance boat something like a baja, formula, 27ft fountains can even be had for your price range. I would suggest a single engine to start. Now if you never owned something more than a fishing a boat. I might suggest something around the 22-23 foot range, like a crownline, four winns etc. Get your feet wet, sell the thing the next year and get a performance boat. Cause jumping from no boat or even a fishing boat to a 22-23 speed boat is going to be a lot different in cost, usage, etc. Boats like this can be had for 5-10 grand.

I had a 22 ft crownline and jumped to a 29 fountain with twins, but I had grown up on a boat since I was born, so it wasnt much for me to get used to. personally if you have no boating experience or little jumping into twins and a 30 ft might be a little much. And most performance boats in the 25-27 ft range really dont need twins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.