Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any Interest In Some Old Magazine Ad's?? >

Any Interest In Some Old Magazine Ad's??

Notices

Any Interest In Some Old Magazine Ad's??

Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,840 Likes on 719 Posts
Default Any Interest In Some Old Magazine Ad's??

Getting ready to move and finally decided to off load my collection of old boat mag's. Got closer than ever before as I actually got them into the recycling bin this time.
That's when I started noticing the old ad's. Had seen some of these before and hated the idea of letting go of them but wasn't sure how to preserve them nor did I want to put a ton of effort into it either.

But then yesterday I stumbled on these as some examples:

A full page, back cover ad ('81) for 'Executioner" buy Fountain. Had read the stories of where the Fountains started as a splash of the old Excalibur's but never seen it. This ad has a picture of the boat run in Power Boat mag perf. tests and it still has the "Excalibur' logo on it

Ever heard of a BMW outdrive? Full page ad w/their in line 6's for power.

A Sonic ad w/a 24' O/B like mine which I'd not seen before.

Full page Chris Craft Stinger ad showing a 39' and a model I'd not seen before.

Also, quite a bit of classic racing coverage. Back when the waves were really big

Be a pile of work to scan and upload everything but not sure I have the heart to round can it. Already moved it a 100 times and lost 1/2 to a flooded basement 15 yrs ago.

What do you guys think?? Buy me beers if I do it?
Where, which section to do it here if so, as it could turn into a huge thread?? The Classic section or here where it would get the most attention??

I could probably be talked into it if you make me feel guilty enough. Have some back to the mid '60's.

Gary

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 07-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its a great idea. Classic section sounds right.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually looking for an April 2006 Powerboat Magazine if you have one, they did a report on my actual boat in that issue.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

You should do it! If you do decide to pitch, I will pay for shipping. I already have 4 drawer filing cabinet full of powerboat dating back to late 60's, hot boat, poker runs, and a good amount of vintage brochures. 60% of it i have to thank mt dad for saving. While most kids were reading SI and hot rod, I had my jones in powerboat..
Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Do It!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any old Shadow Cat Ads?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Powerplay?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Any old pantera stuff? Late seventies.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Always wanted to read a test report on a Formula 255 Liberator. Have never found one. Somebody had to do one between 75 and 82.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,840 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Always wanted to read a test report on a Formula 255 Liberator. Have never found one. Somebody had to do one between 75 and 82.
Thought of you the other day when I found a full page ad for a 255 in all white. Boat was gorgeous. I'll scan it for you if you don't have it.

BTW, think I found my missing 8 MPH's on the Sonic. My Keikhaefer tabs are too long. Even in full up position they would be forcing massive amounts of water down as it comes off the bottom at the transom. According to my math, at the angle of attach that the Sonic runs at, even full up, the the tabs would be parallel w/the water.
Also explains why it tries to hop as soon as I dial in up trim at mid range speed.
Other than 4" additional set back, that's the only difference between it and the old boat.

Thanks for the comments on the magazine idea guys. I'm going to start a thread on the classic page and will start scanning and posting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.