Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed? >

Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed?

Notices

Mercury Racing complaint thread poofed?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

I have always had great luck dealing with Erik.....cant say that I have any dealings with the employees in question however
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad it's all worked out, unfortunate that it came to this & Viper missed an important event.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I found it very interesting that he was denied a credit account with Mercury. I bet the other side of the story was even more colorful than his side.
I never read anything having to do with anything about credit

the only thing I read was that he was denied being classified as a race team even though he races and there was no mention of credit having anything to do with that

and as of now it sounds like the other side of the story is that Mercury Racing has some employees that think they are really cool because they work for Mercury Racing so they can play games and deny customers parts in a timely fashion and proper service for no good reason and as of now their boss seemed to get wind of that through this site and was very eager to contact the OP of the first thread and straighten things out with the OP and straighten out his employees
Old 08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

It's amazing what Multimedia can do, the internet is an serious tool. I'm Glad you were able to finally get to someone who wanted to help, too bad it took a negative thread on the web in order to be heard. I honestly know I'll never buy from them knowing what you and others have gone through. Thank you for wanted to voice what had happend, the OSO community has taken notice. Wish you the best in future endeavors and good luck with the rest of the racing season. Stay safe.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

you have to have a racer account with them which is not much different than a credit account even if you pay on delivery. Rick Macky has been with Mercury a long time and he was a little pr**k back then and is apparently still one. mostly little man syndrome. a lot of the people that made Mercury Racing what it is are long gone now.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jlfrob
They control OSO too ? Perhaps it's time to jump ship to a more SERIOUS site
WTF Chris. Only 5 posts and your pitching SOS. Time to haul ass again.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to see that Viperfitness 1, has resolved his complaint with Mercury Racing somewhat. It is a pity that he had to go through so much BS, especially when he is racing with their product. Even though Mercury Racing is going to send the parts, a racer has missed a double points race and as we all know, at the end of the year its is all about "POINTS". If viperfitness 1 is OK with the deal, I fully support his decision and wish him the best of luck for the remainder of the year.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be Nice if Erik would chime in here and tell everyone how he fixed/Is going to fix the problem! I'm sure ALOT of Merc Product is Consumed/Related to this website. It would Re-Gain the Faith of a lot of people to hear it from the Horses Mouth ( If there was some corrective Action)
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered

Facts are facts & the truth was told . Merc is addressing the issue & that's good to hear for us all & to be fair they are doing what needs to be done it sounds like from the OP . As stated before by many , it's amazing what can happen if we stick together . Good to see it headed in the right direction
Old 08-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Registered

Gimme a break, Merc, and Merc Racing know they are pretty much the only show in town for the vast majority of Boat Owners and Builders... Until someone makes a SUCESSFUL run at the lower end of the market, they will continue to do pretty much whatever they want. (Volvo? yeah, right....) There are plenty of engine builders out there who cater to the guys who can spend HUGE money on BIG power engines and high dollar drives, but everyone else gets bent over. Amazing how a RACE team using Merc parts gets ignored until they raise a stink on a BBS like OSO. Merc could give a damn about 99% of it's customers. If you don't have huge resources and exposure, they could care less about the service you receive. That is a big part of why the marine industry is in the shape it is in. They will continue to funnel their resources to the 1% of customers who can afford a 1100, or 1350+, where the real, overpriced, profit is at, at the expense of everyone else. How difficult would it be for Merc to develop a 500HP black motor and a drive that would handle 750HP at a Bravo price? Not very, I'm sure they have the technology, but why would they? They can continue to rape everyone for the parts and labor on Bravos and Blue motors and laugh their way to the bank...

EDIT: Sorry, I'm sure a reply like this will get the entire thread deleted...

Last edited by Bowtiepower00; 08-03-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.