Notices

42 cig tiger on ebay

Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bella777
Apparently you know something I don't cause there wasn't a leaking gas tank when I looked at it and the thing looked REALLy good and near perfect for a 13 year old boat.......Still thinking about buying the boat and taking on the project!!!

Would LOVE to find the old drivetrain and buy it from the old owner.

Precision IF you know the boat has a leaking gas tank you SHOULD know the old owner......PLEASE PM as I would like to buy the drive train from them.

Thanks
Is there an underlying motive for finding the drive train? Seems like any fool would know that it would be easier to pick up different parts to put the boat back together. What gives?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I see one of 2 scenarios,
First something fishy. Seeing where it's being sold this wouldn't surprise me.
Second, the op is complety ignorant to boat values, parts prices and that a complete motor drops in, plugs in and is running in under 3 hours. Just about any COMPLETE motor.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
I see one of 2 scenarios,
First something fishy. Seeing where it's being sold this wouldn't surprise me.
Second, the op is complety ignorant to boat values, parts prices and that a complete motor drops in, plugs in and is running in under 3 hours. Just about any COMPLETE motor.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ter-lower.html

For a guy who sells power, why the hard on for the original power?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if it had a leaky gas tank that may be why its stripped, did it have a leaky gas tank or is that some bs story trying to keep buyers away.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Typically there greater motivation for someone to sell the they have pulled out.....they are done and want it gone.......watched it a million times.

If it makes everyone feel better I would love to find drivetrain including #6's for a staggered setup!!! Would love any hook ups that someone might know about that can be purchased right.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

This boat has been discussed on another thread. Doesn't seem worth the asking price unless you had motors and drives laying around and you could do all the work yourself. Even then, you'll potentially need a trailer and endless nick/nacks that will most likely put you near what a turn key straight bottom Tiger goes for. And if you don't have power/drives, you'll be over what one can go for.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

Typically there greater motivation for someone to sell the they have pulled out.....they are done and want it gone.......watched it a million times.

If it makes everyone feel better I would love to find drivetrain including #6's for a staggered setup!!! Would love any hook ups that someone might know about that can be purchased right.

So you just want to snipe the power for a song and a dance and possibly flip it? Cool... Why didn't you just say so?
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Or buy it and build a boat for the right money!!!

You my wife? you sure seem to act like her trying to read something into something that really isn't there.......whatever!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

I wouldn't want the original power.

If the boat was REPO'd who knows what the history is on the drivetrain. Couple that with the fact your in pretty grey legal territory if you have a bunch of hardware that was "taken out prior to repo" and then resold as if it wasn't part of the original collateral and I would not want to take the risk. Is anyone going to come after you - probably not. Would I feel better buying a nice package from a respected OSO member - absolutely.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Or buy it and build a boat for the right money!!!

You my wife? you sure seem to act like her trying to read something into something that really isn't there.......whatever!
Hi honey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.