Notices

35K to 80mph??

Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35K to 80mph??

I'm itching to move up....considering the things I read on this forum that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. You all helped tremendously with the last boat, so I figured I start a new thread to help with this one. Here are the parameters:

80+ mph
25'+ long
Cuddy (at least partially useful one...couple benches and a place to sleep)
Sun deck (the lady has to have this....so prefer no blowers sticking up through it)
Must be trailerable, I'm a nomad, never on the same lake, and trailer the boat everywhere I go.
No preference between single/twin (but if they are twins they need to not be a PITA to work on....or need to be removed to work on)
Water (inland lakes/rivers) - Most of what I see is under 3', I see at or above 3' maybe 2-3 times a year usually down at KY lake.
Beam - I have a Checkmate 251 now, so would prefer over a 7.5' beam
Porpoise - Again, I have a 251 now.....I'd prefer a boat without this tendency.
Budget - 35K max, but closer to 30K would be ideal. This budget would need to include all the go fasts needed to go 80 (hydraulic steering, beefed drives if needed, etc.)
Swim Deck - Needed, built in or aluminum.

There ya have it. Bascially the length of my current boat is fine (but fine with longer), I just want to go faster, have more stability, and a lack of porpoising.

Note: While I know a lot of people's boats may fit this description the budget is firm. Please don't tempt me with boats outside of the budget because it won't happen (not for lack of wanting to, but lack of $$).

Mfr Notes: I'm not a fan of velocity....just a personal thing I don't like the styling (no offense to anyone with one), don't want a cat, don't want a baja (everyone around here has them).

Here are boats I've started considering....but obviously this list is welcome to be amended:
Fountain 32, 35
Active Thunder 25, 28
Pantera 28
Checkmate 259, zt280
Sonic 26, 31
Sunsation 288
Hustler 32

If you have suggestions, by all means please add to my buyers knowledge. The more I can get the better. If you have, or know of, a boat that fits the bill, pm me info. If you can help eliminate or add boats from the existing list, all advice is appreciated. Ideally I'd like this thread to help me wittle boat models down to 3-5 and drive as many as I can before purchase.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

All twins are pretty much a pia unless staggered. Likely wont find staggered in your budget. Maybe 29 fountain with single big block get ya there.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Velocity with a single big block
Old 08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you looked at an Eliminator 250 Eagle? They will do close to 80mph stock & with a few mods,(tabs, hydraulic steering) they are good to go. (To that speed, you need to be able to drive to push them into the 90s). You should be able to find one in that price range pretty easily. But mine is not for sale. Randy
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Velocity with a single big block
Bingo! We have a winner! 80+ is easily reached in a single engine 26 to 29 foot Velocity. I had one. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

He said no velocity and no cat.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
He said no velocity and no cat.
My bad.I should have read the entire thread. My suggestion would be something either close to or over 30'.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Corsa fits most of that bill, except for the cuddy and swim platform, which can be added and you'd still be way under budget.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

My old boat would fit the bill:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o52758-en.html
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yup that was the one!!!
That was/is a sweet boat!!! I would have been all over it if I had the chance!!! ... That would have been perfect for the OP... Don't see to many boats out there that will fit your requirements in your price range!! Best of luck !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.