Notices

Newbie to Cape Coral FL

Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool Newbie to Cape Coral FL

Purchased a second home in Cape Coral Fl, looking for some local input on boating hot spots. Planning to bring my boat down from Maryland around Oct. I will be in town Friday till Monday if anyone knows a good place to rent a boat for the weekand. cell 717-554-9967. Thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Tarpon Point in Cape Coral rents deck boats. Snook Bight & Salty Sam's on Fort Myers rent deck boats and pontoons. There are more but that's what could think of off the top of my head.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

There is another on the way to Sanibel on right. Can't think of the name of it but they rent boats. Rented a Grady from them before I moved down

Hottest spot is lani Kai on the gulf. Also many people anchor up at different islands. Good restaurants in bay under the bridge.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went out both days last weekend and this past Wednesday so we're not going out this weekend or we would take you out, sorry, but lots bar/restaurants around Ft. Myers Beach bridge (Doc Ford's, Parrot Key, Big Game) and the beach, a few deck boats and lots of pontoons, just google it, there's a cool place on Ft. M beach called Yucatan, it's on the right just as soon as you cross the bridge by car, we live in the Cape over by Rumrunners in Cape Harbour, we're probably going over tonight for cocktails, if you're out and about The Joint always has a little band playing (6-9pm), look for the only tall blonde with big coconuts and you'll see me (Jim akajoey) sitting next her, lol, have fun, maybe see you when you get down in the Fall.

The FMO is a great bunch of people that get together for boating and some fun once a month from Oct-March, take care, Jim.

ICUL, get home so you can get out and have some beers.

Last edited by 314joey; 08-09-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Plan on going out Sat,Sunday and Monday . Boat is on the way south as of 6 hours ago, Im flying in Sat. noon. Just want to get out on the water and enjoy some sun! Thanks for the info Jim and ICU.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Registered

Be sure to stay inside the channel markers. And welcome to Cape Coral!

Dang it, just noticed this is an old thread...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Inrecovery
Plan on going out Sat,Sunday and Monday . Boat is on the way south as of 6 hours ago, Im flying in Sat. noon. Just want to get out on the water and enjoy some sun! Thanks for the info Jim and ICU.
Like Scabby Jack said, your best friend is the GPS, you don't have to be paranoid with it, but it's just good policy to pay attention to it and you'll be fine, maybe we'll see you out while you're down, looks like you've got some great weather for your visit, have fun.