Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats,
Old 08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Congrats !!

We were in our first pokerrun last weekend.
We we were fourth boat back in last session.
before us was two 42 fountain and one magic
skepter 34, all others was behind..
No trophy but great time.

What is your top speed, if can ask ?
Old 08-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride! Bring it to LOTO for the Shootout!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:27 AM
Registered

We had a lot of fun! Already thinking about looking for a 390 velocity.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
While it is great you boat is fast, and you have put a lot of work into it to get it there. I have a serious problem with a poker run handing out awards to the first one to the first card stop. Unless this was a closed course, even if it was I am sure there wasn't proper safety personnel and equipment on site, this is just unacceptable. A poker run should NOT be promoting racing to the first stop. I know there are many people who will have differing opinions, and I am fine with that. But my personal opinion is unless this run is held on a closed course, it puts both the participants and non-participants in danger. Hence the reason for all of the debates here on OSO and other boards. Sorry for the rant..... Again, congratulations, your work and I am sure plenty of $$ has paid off in a well performing boat, I am not knocking you, more so the organizers of the run that promotes by awarding first to the stop... Let the bashing begin......
Ok Let me toss water on your parade as well

Sorry but this is plain stupid to give award out for fastest anything at a poker run

This immediately absolves insurance from any coverage (seen as a race) and if there was an accident the lawyers would be all over this. It is a rally NOT A RACE! Giving any awards for speed at a poker run is just a way bad idea. WOW after all this time people still have not learned

No offense to the winner of this award but the poker run organizers should be drawn and quartered for this irresponsible thought process
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, I never went wide open throttle at any point during the poker run so I did not mistake this run as a race.

I spent a lot of time and money building my boat so when I get the chance to run with other faster boats I really enjoy it.

Sorry this thread had been so offensive to other members. If a moderator reads this they can delete the thread.

I got the impression that we all spent tons of money buying and building faster boats to actually use them. I guess I'm in a small group who actually run their boats as they were built to do.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

I notice in the pics nobody on board had a PFD on. Don't know what kind of Insurance the Organizer of your run has but I'd bet it was void if anybody had a problem during that Poker Run.

All the Poker Runs up here demand PFD on every crew member and a lanyard on the Driver when the boat is on plane.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

I think what others are saying is that giving an award for the first person to a stop can be a liability for not only the organizers of the event but the other boat owners. It is basically encouraging owners to race their boats for a prize which then constitutes a race. My insurance covers me for poker runs however if I entered a poker run where a prize was being given to the fastest/first person to a stop my insurance would/could be absolved from covering me during the event. The other issue at hand is not everyone understands how to drive/run their boat at WOT with other boats in close proximity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.