Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I won fastest 30' and under last weekend >

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Notices

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the record none of my posts were taking shots at the OP. (I congradulated him in almost every post for his hard work paying off in a well performing boat). I never said he did anything wrong. And while I feel he (and his passengers) "should" have worn jakets, if not made manditory by the organizer than 100% his choice. My only problem is/was with the organizer. As Boatme has stated (and others) once you give a prize for first to a stop it changes the scope of the event. That was my only point.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

congrats. Looks like you had a great time.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
Is that a velocity? What power?
Yes, Its a older Kevlar 26 Velocity with a big cube naturally aspirated motor, ran strong.
Bad part was we ran our race drive for low end and not the top end lower,
so we left maybe 4-6mph on the table.

The boat was sold and is back racing OPA under miss PTM #624.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess this is hijacking but if anyone is interested how and why i feel the way i do go to this link
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ns-racing.html

It will explain my position
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

It's great to hear your boat ran so good . There is no better feeling after turning your own wrenches . A big thank you goes out to all here that helped this man achieve his goals by giving good sound advice . There is still a grassroots high performance boating crowd that hangs here and really enjoy threads like this . You also have the same birds that always make post with the intent of starting chit . We need an ignore button .
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Ok Let me toss water on your parade as well

Sorry but this is plain stupid to give award out for fastest anything at a poker run

This immediately absolves insurance from any coverage (seen as a race) and if there was an accident the lawyers would be all over this. It is a rally NOT A RACE! Giving any awards for speed at a poker run is just a way bad idea. WOW after all this time people still have not learned

No offense to the winner of this award but the poker run organizers should be drawn and quartered for this irresponsible thought process
It's not a race? Really? Hmmm, just a "rally". Poker runs are participated in by the fastest, highest performance boats on the water, with helicopters that have been hired to film these very boats at high speeds, sometimes airborne. If you think guys enter these "rally" events and don't consider it a race, you are insane.

The whole Poker run thing is a thinly veiled way to put on a race. Which is why people participate. We can all "rally" any weekend with our friends.

Congratulations cp5899 on getting your boat to perform how you like. Nice job! Sounds like a wicked Velocity.