Notices

Nordic vs. Pantera

Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic vs. Pantera

Nordic Heat vs. Pantera 28. Salt water only. Both with 525 Merc single. What would you guys pick and why?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pantera was made for an ocean beating. Most of the west coast boats are built to run rivers or lakes. Looks wise the Pantera is tough. The Nordics are a lil cheesy...

Take both for a ride.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

What do you want to know? Owned a 28 Heat in salt water, been on the Panteras quite a few times. Your question is vague.

Ride? Pantera...but it has no freeboard. Tooling? Nordic, not even close. Speed? Meh...neither impresses. Looks? To each their own. Cabin? Nordic. Looking for something specific?

Last edited by Indy; 08-18-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Speed Nordic. Efficiency Nordic. Nordic has nice lines that look like they have been shaped in a wind tunnel. Pantera old school looking. Both totally different looks. Ride probably close. Finish, materials, and cabin no comparison Nordic. Old vs New etc.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Pantera will ride much better, more solid and better rigging.
Nordic will be faster.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 AM
Registered

Nordic Nordic i like it!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

The Nordic is way better in build and rigging. The Pantera will most likely be a little better in rough. However the Nordic will be faster.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
The Pantera will most likely be a little better in rough. However the Nordic will be faster.
I'd say it's quite a bit better, don't forget the Nordic has a pad, a swim platform, and a shallow entry angle. The Pantera is all hull.

The Nordic has side saddle tanks too, nothing I'd ever get again for rough water.

Where's the OP? Are these used boats? What body of water? What's the main use?

One thing's for sure, don't get the Nordic trailer, it's junk for salt water. Three dunks and you'll have 1000lbs of rust.

If I had it to do over again I'd not get the Nordic for my waters. Beautiful boat but better for its original intended purpose.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I'd say it's quite a bit better, don't forget the Nordic has a pad, a swim platform, and a shallow entry angle. The Pantera is all hull.

The Nordic has side saddle tanks too, nothing I'd ever get again for rough water.

Where's the OP? Are these used boats? What body of water? What's the main use?

One thing's for sure, don't get the Nordic trailer, it's junk for salt water. Three dunks and you'll have 1000lbs of rust.

If I had it to do over again I'd not get the Nordic for my waters. Beautiful boat but better for its original intended purpose.
Here. New boat. Pacific Ocean. Goin' fast/stayin' alive. Thanks for the advice on the trailer. Good to know. Wondering if Pantera will powdercoat a matching trailer for me? Jo contacted me via email so I think I'm good to go now. Should be getting a Pantera 28 with 525 Merc or maybe have him build me a new motor for less money. I've seen a lot of Pantera boats with non merc racing engines so I'm guessing the Merc blue motors are more expensive than getting a motor built.

Last edited by krucsd13; 08-19-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

My firnd had a 2000 Heat, I think it was about 74 with a 500 EFI, We ran the boat in some prety snotty waters at the mouth of the Chesapeake and Ocean, The Heat handled it pretty good overall,(it had no tabs) and he would run the piss out of it, but IMO they are not built to handle really water. He had to rebuild his back seat because it broke in half (wood), I think it had a carpeted wood foor and it just seemed like stuff was coming apart. The cabin is huge at the expense of the the cockpit.

Never been on a Pantera but if your talking new dont pay for the boat until you have possesion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.