Lake of the Ozarks Noise?? >

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Notices

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

One on my favorite things on shootout weekend is to listen to all the boats run up and down the lake. It just sets the mood for the run! I have never been in 1 place with that many power boats in my life and if there is a better place I want to know where!! Can you tell I am ready to head south LOL! Cant wait. Its music to my ears.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I take back what I said. They are writing noise tickets. Unbelievable.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Has that been confirmed? Or are you taking Darrs word for it?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, now I am nervous. I don't think my boat is too loud but, I don't know what to compair it to. Would twin 525's be too loud???
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David H
Ok, now I am nervous. I don't think my boat is too loud but, I don't know what to compair it to. Would twin 525's be too loud???

Just stop in at Midas on the way down. Or clamp on some good old cherry bombs. LOL.

Darrell.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 777 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by David H
Why be nervous? Just pay the ticket if you get one. It's not a moving violation it's just a revenue generator. I am sure if you get one it will be the cheapest part of the weekend compared to fuel, liquor, accommodations, etc....
Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A revenue generator - no kidding! The organizers (and the town I guess) work how many hours to put together, promote the event and build upon the success of the years prior. The draw of the shootout brings how many millions to the area in revenues and then there is the WP to put a sour stain on the atmosphere with a Decibel meter.

When an ego driven WP officer pulls out the DB meter and has the ticket half written... well it's as enjoyable as a wet fart.

When you have how many thousands of people showing up for a shootout event - writing tickets for a boat running the lake over the day is not building a good relations with the public...I could see stepping up pressure on the 0 tolerance for DUI could be appropriate on a crowded waterway but the loud ticket is really an excuse to pat their partner on the @ss for handing out a ticket on a 525 or whatever.

LOTO isn't drawing the crowd and the related monies for a blowboat regetta - it's all about screaming HP!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 423 Likes on 177 Posts

For several hours yesterday, the rumble on the lake was awesome! Big horsepower everywhere you looked, and unbelievable paint/graphics/tow rigs/etc.

I am sure that there will be a few tickets written but there is nothing like Shootout week at Lake of the Ozarks! Just about time for the poker runs to let loose!

Thanks to everybody that takes the time and spends the money to come to town for the Shootout.