Outerlimits Breaks LOTO Shootout Vee Bottom Record >

Outerlimits Breaks LOTO Shootout Vee Bottom Record

Notices

Outerlimits Breaks LOTO Shootout Vee Bottom Record

Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Bull ****!! That's what made Reggie Great!! F selling just boats, all these idiots think it's so easy to go that fast!! It just don't happen by upping the horsepower. All these people have no clue how hard it is. Mike probably knows, cause why u think he really hasn't tried it. OL is a great boat company, but for once stop being pussies and go at least try to get a record... Reggie would. Look how fast him and his son have that MTI running on just 1200s... It's all about set up, set up, & set up, just go ask a real racer. Like Reggie is and Mike will never come close to!!
Perhaps Mike Fiore has learned from history, something many fail to do. Reggie won a lot of races, and set a lot of records, and built a BIG reputation. He also spent a lot of money doing it, which is more than likely, in part why Fountain Inc was run into the ground. Maybe, just maybe, Mike is avoiding taking Outerlimits down that road?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane

Regarding speed record holder - Fountain's boat was fast with the support of an entire corporation packing it, but I have to give the major accomplishment ( and a tip of hat for Cojones of the year) for the guy running a triple 300x pontoon boat at 114.

V-bottoms, like Cat go faster with hp - get everything balanced and voila - a record......pontoons have the stigma of being blown everywhere off course with a gentle puff of wind and are NOT supposed to pass everything but the big cats on the water. Like really, areo and hydrodynamicly - they resemble a dock not a cutting edge race boat.

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
There's no benefit in anyone breaking the record. Mikes not going to sell any more or less boats if he broke the record! It all comes down to one thing, as you mentioned. Cash. In this case, in my opinion, the push just ain't worth the shove!
Steering and throttling a V bottom at 177 MPH involves a lot more than just cash and HP.

I had the pleasure to spend a couple of days with Ben Robertson in 2006 when Ilmor hired him to do some testing on my Fountain that had just been rigged with V-10''s. From what I gathered from Ben, he and Reggie pushed the envelope on that kilo run to the point that they were lucky to survive it - period. It was no piece of cake. No walk in the part. They were on the edge the entire run on both passes. One tiny mistake by either one of them and they were dead men. I don't think a lot of people here comprehend that - and they sure as hell don't respect it.

Congrats to OL BTW.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
What's the value of showing up to LOTO w/ a race boat to beat the current v-bottom record at the shootout? Doesn't the title of this thread state Outerlimits breaks LOTO v-bottom record, or am I reading in the wrong thread?

What a F---in ignorant comment......
Settle down son. I'm not sure who jerked your chain, but I'm referring to the kilo as everyone else is.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

What's the value of showing up to LOTO w/ a race boat to beat the current v-bottom record at the shootout? Doesn't the title of this thread state Outerlimits breaks LOTO v-bottom record, or am I reading in the wrong thread?

What a F---in ignorant comment......
He's referring to the LOTO shootout V-bottom speed record when he started this thread. RedBud was talking about the kilo record when he said Fiore could break it which I agree with. Fiore is selling boats as fast as he can build them. That's what he's in business to do, not break kilo records. If your production is slammed already, why spend gigabucks to break the kilo record?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
He's referring to the LOTO shootout V-bottom speed record when he started this thread. RedBud was talking about the kilo record when he said Fiore could break it which I agree with. Fiore is selling boats as fast as he can build them. That's what he's in business to do, not break kilo records. If your production is slammed already, why spend gigabucks to break the kilo record?
Ya everyone thinks they could win the Loto too... You and others make a great point about the business side of things. But it's not just always about $$... It's fun to be competitive and win something too. Ya the great pro sports athletes get paid a lot, but the great ones want to be great and not just collect a check. Again bottom line its not as easy as u people think. Stop making excuses on Fountain going out of business and saying OL & Mike could break it when ever they want! Cause news flash for u ignorant clowns... It's not that simple!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I know exactly what he was talking about.... It's a joke to say awe they could do it whenever they wanted! Then why don't they? Did they not just spend plenty of money to drag a race boat to LOTO? I personally think they could beat the record, but its put up or shut up!! They started this little rivalary w/ Fountain 10yrs ago got spanked & still haven't returned to step back up to the plate. Outerlimits certainly has the funds & will not hurt the company's bottom line. Why not just get it over with?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountain spent a lot of time and money testing and setting up specialty race boats, all the boats that broke records were one off boats. Keep in mind most of OL boats are customers boats that he brings to places like lotto. Mike has not gone out to build a one off boat for a record lately.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confucius say... there is no try, there is only do or not do.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I know exactly what he was talking about.... It's a joke to say awe they could do it whenever they wanted! Then why don't they? Did they not just spend plenty of money to drag a race boat to LOTO? I personally think they could beat the record, but its put up or shut up!! They started this little rivalary w/ Fountain 10yrs ago got spanked & still haven't returned to step back up to the plate. Outerlimits certainly has the funds & will not hurt the company's bottom line. Why not just get it over with?
Ya Lol, I did mean the actual Lottery where u match 6 numbers and get tons of $$$ lol
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

its marketing.... OL is selling boats, so they really don't need to spend money or time marketing.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.