? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida

Notices

? About placing a Mechanics Lien on a boat in Florida

Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by commandersander
Maybe he had full intention of paying you 100% of the money until pissed him off by bugging him. I've had friends do stuff for me and call 10 times in the next couple days about getting paid, after they did that I made sure to use my full 30 days even though at first i had full itention paying them that week before thy bugged the crap out of me.

I must be mistaken, I thought you typed this. People will not be calling for money that was paid COD
Old 09-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I must be mistaken, I thought you typed this. People will not be calling for money that was paid COD
You're 100 percent correct, but the problem occurs when it is not agreed on before the job is started and this most often happens with buddies or friends of friends and then it ends up being a pissing match at the end.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong. The boat is at the dock so you do not have possession? In FL there is a statute/law called a possessory lien that could apply but in the end you are most likely stuck with the small claims route. Traditionally small claims filings are not expensive so it may be worth your while to attempt at least. You may not get all of it but you might at least get more than you have now. I would pursue it but that is just me. First start with the right to cure (certified letter requesting payment) and then once the due date has expired I would file. Attorney's letters work well sometimes too. Here is the link for the possessory lien statute. Hope it helps and good luck.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...s/0328.17.html
Old 09-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I grabbed the quote from the op and pasted it in my response. Guess ib is still sorting the bugs on iPad and phone.....
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 590 Likes on 240 Posts

To Sum up this problem the POS never paid me nor had I ever seen him after that past event.

He ended up skipping out on Salty Sams in Ft Meyers and leaving 3 months of dockage unpaid.

Rumor is he is in Bootkey Marothon.

He is 5 10' fat and ugly as they come goes by the name Bob Lenhardt and his boat is some rotted out pos 1995 40 foot Chris Craft that looks like it has been repainted in the middle of the night. He is a house painter by the way, so he knows how to paint boats. lol.