Notices

Va. Beach Area Boaters

Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Va. Beach Area Boaters

Va. Beach Area Boaters
Please help. I am attending a family reunion in Va. Beach on Sunday September 15-18 and my uncle who I haven't seen in years wants me to bring my boat. I have never been out on a boat down there and am wondering where the best inland piece of water that is relatively close to the ocean front is for some cruising and the occasional jaunt up to 80? I'd prefer a sheltered place that doesn't have a lot of chop and doesn't have a bunch of sand bars to dodge as I am unfamiliar with the waterways down there. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in at Lynnhaven Inlet public ramp, nice ramp, just stay in the channels and you will be fine, you can either hit the bay if it's not windy or head towards Broad bay, your fine in Broad bay, just dont go too close to the shore. you will get to another set of no wake bouys, you can continue past that no wake area and it opens up again. Definitely hit the bay too, it's wide open once you get out of the channel, any South wind is good and you should be able to rip it, just be mindful of rouge waves. If you head to the Cape, you can do some Dolphin watching.

Have Fun, Great Area!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto