Anyone ever have an accident while towing on the highway? I just did >

Anyone ever have an accident while towing on the highway? I just did

Notices

Anyone ever have an accident while towing on the highway? I just did

Old 08-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever have an accident while towing on the highway? I just did

Wed around 6-6:30pm on the LIE I was driving in the right lane approaching exit 40. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see a small Lexus steering right into me. He was trying to make the exit and did not even look and drove right into my left front quarter panel @ about 55 mph!!! Breaking would not have helped because he just turned right into me. After initial contact I was hard on the breaks but actually pushed him sideways for about 100 yds until he finally spun off to the right. It is a long story from here but after giving this guy a few choice words, I went back about 100 yds. to where a box truck had spun out trying to avoid hitting me. A cop showed up, stopped all 3 lanes of traffic so the box truck could straighten out. We then went to confront the guy that caused the accident and he took off!!! The only good thing about this is there was no damage to my truck, and my ins. company will not find out.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Ken,
I take it you made it home without an another accident It was good to see you guys on Saturday. I wish I could have stayed longer but the little guy and the wife were really hot. My wife is a winter person. She likes it 75-80 with no humidity We'll see you next time you come out.