Skater To Offer Entry-Level Cat In 2014 >

Skater To Offer Entry-Level Cat In 2014

Notices

Skater To Offer Entry-Level Cat In 2014

Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Text me again. I deleted your contact by mistake.
Quit your lying you told me it was on purpose!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cash just told me if this happens he will cover the first 3 years insurance for any new cat buyers.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Is it gonna have a windshield or quarter canopies? If it's an epoxy flat deck with twin 200's and wind protection, I'm interested.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
Is it gonna have a windshield or quarter canopies? If it's an epoxy flat deck with twin 200's and wind protection, I'm interested.
Me too.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$100k isnt entry level for any sport or hobby, I dont care who you are... I dont even care who you pretend to be on the internet.

Isnt the R+D/Tooling costs considered Costs of doing business? You gotta have something to sell right?

A carpenter without a hammer, is just some guy who isnt working - But a carpenter who expects me to pay for his hammer so I can then pay him to do work for me... is an idiot.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
$100k isnt entry level for any sport or hobby, I dont care who you are... I dont even care who you pretend to be on the internet.

Isnt the R+D/Tooling costs considered Costs of doing business? You gotta have something to sell right?

A carpenter without a hammer, is just some guy who isnt working - But a carpenter who expects me to pay for his hammer so I can then pay him to do work for me... is an idiot.
He may be an idiot...but yes he ...and his customers have to pay for the hammer...just like you have to incrementally pay for the packaging machine that wrapped your bread at home. Tooling is not free, nor cheap, and if folks like Peter didn't advance the cash...than a lot of other folks who exist on copies of his boats wouldn't have anything at all.

This is a basic business fundamental infected with basic stealing of intellectual properties...... but you knew that...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
$100k isnt entry level for any sport or hobby, I dont care who you are... .
Then you are in the wrong sport champ. we're talking entry level for purchasing a NEW boat. What were new checkmates, bajas, and the likes going for before they went under? Seems to me it was $60-80k range and I'd gladly pay $20k more for skater quality and 100mph performance.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Quit your lying you told me it was on purpose!
Very funny Landis, how did I know we would hear from u on that post... Lol
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
30 hours of labor to build a boat? We'd all be building our own in a weekend if it were that easy. I should be able to get a new hull for $3000 assuming $100/hr labor, and then materials? Is that what you're suggesting?
I'll give you a real life example from a West Coast "Production" Boat Builder.

A few years ago I was in Havasu at the Magic/Sleekcraft factory. I was watching them pull a 28' Deck Boat out of the mold, at the time their most popular model they claimed. I asked them how many work hours it took to build the boat. (Not man hours!!!) They told me the crew starts Monday morning @ 8am and pulls the deck and hull from the mold on Tuesday at noon... I asked if they ran two shifts or a straight 8 hr work day? They stated 8 hr work day and 12 work hours to lay the hull up.

Now they was using about 12 guys that knew what they were doing and this was not the hull and deck bonded together. Nor was it rigged, merely glass and gel. They were producing three 28' Deck boats a week from these molds. If you and your friends are experienced then you can do it. Just get a chopper gun or two, a tub of resin, about 12 of your ultra talented friends, butt load of brushes, rollers, gloves, buckets and gallons of acetone and go at it.

Remember, this company went out of business also.

Now I can tell you this, there is no way in hell that this much progress could happen at Skater in 12 work hours. It takes a 24 hr period of time just to bond in the strakes in the boats under vacuum so just imagine how long it takes to build one the Skater way. Epoxy cost more than twice what vinyl ester cost, then throw in carbon/kevlar over what the E-Glass cost and the cost SHOOT up dramatically.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Well Pete told me my 338 was entry level a year and a half ago
When we discussed this idea his goal was simply to get the "Average Joe" back in a Skater again. He built a lot of Outboard boats in the day and enjoyed the simplicity of rigging them and getting them out the door.
That said I think he simply wants to maintain customer base. Today's outboard owner is tomorrow's big cat owner. I don't think he has any intentions of retirement and enjoys designing and building our dreams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.