Notices

boating usage

Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boating usage

so normally i use my boat at least 20 times a year. This year iv used it about 6-7 times. Anyone else use there boat this little?

I almost feel like its a waste....maybe im just sad knowning that in michigan the boating season is only 5months....or maybe im just venting...anyways going to finish up my door install at home and head out to the lake for the 8th time this year lol
Old 09-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

It was a slow start with our record flooding here but I've managed to rack up 90 hours since mid-late june. Usually closer to 150 by the end of the season which i don't see happening.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock3
so normally i use my boat at least 20 times a year. This year iv used it about 6-7 times. Anyone else use there boat this little?

I almost feel like its a waste....maybe im just sad knowning that in michigan the boating season is only 5months....or maybe im just venting...anyways going to finish up my door install at home and head out to the lake for the 8th time this year lol
Never a waste!! but this is a down year for us, last year we did about 85 hours and we got the boat on mem day, so far were around 35 for this year, sept is pretty jammed so I'm only expecting another ride or 2, maybe get to 40 hours
Old 09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Sold the 382 and bought a 21ft CC. Only out about 5-6 times this year. However, we spent 5-6 weekends out on the jetskis and another 5-6 weekends out with my newest toy.......caged road race car. That has been a blast so I haven't missed the water.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Only been out four times this year. Seems like when I can go the weathers no good.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold our boat last year as the kids are the ages where sports and other school related stuff eats up so much time boating became difficult to do. We are talking about buying another one for next year, but at my sons football game this afternoon, I got talking to another parent about the crazy schedule we have to keep up with the kids and he mentioned they didn't even dewinterize their boat this year. Maybe I'll reconsider. Only six more years till they are done with school......
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Have a couple boats. The smaller they are the more they get used with the biggest not going out all summer. For what it costs to go out I could buy a part and have the part after that one ride I was going to take. So I buy the part and don't use it. Seems kind of pointless don't it.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only put 20 hrs on my boat I stuck 18k in over the winter due to an idiot smashing my boat at coast quard. But I got a new boat out of the deal and got to keep my old one and a clear title still so I'm one happy son of a gun. Can't wait till next yr to make runs accross and all over. Already setting money aside to play.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used mine for maybe 3 hours this summer. My 12 yo daughter came up w this saying. " big boats = big problems. JUST SAYIN' "

Btw. Name of our boat is just sayin'

She nailed it
Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

I know your pain. I have hadaboat fo the past twenty or so years and never missed a season. Usually put on 40-50 hours and do most of the pokerruns. I did do some work this year and tomorrow will be my third time out. For the second year in a row I am thinking about selling and buying another plane. Just another toy to throw money at. Haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.