Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Less than 3 weeks till the ShootOut!! >

Less than 3 weeks till the ShootOut!!

Notices

Less than 3 weeks till the ShootOut!!

Old 08-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MnFastBoat, I will be in campsite 160. I will probably more than likely already have three tents on my site, but you are more than welcome to pitch a tent there. You will just have to leave your boat on the trailer near the ramp. One of my buddies was supposed to reserve another spot, but I doubt he did. I will call him this morning and find out.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:27 AM
DLG

What mile marker is Lazy Days?

Old 08-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr. OffShore, What would it cost to race the Shoot-out? Maybe we could raise enough money to get one of the Water patrol to run the boat, for the publicity!?!? Or Someone else? Are you going to be there with Clackster anyway?
Old 08-08-2002, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

its like $40 if you register now or $50 at the time of the shootout. that gets you 2 passes
Old 08-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

SLOWRIDE- i think brad was talking about how much it would cost to lease a V-24 for the shootout.

DLG- Lazy Days is at the 2.5mm on the Glaize arm. one cove to the west of the famous Party Cove. it is the complex on the point in front of you as you are rounding the turn just before you get to Party Cove.

chad
Old 08-08-2002, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

chad-
Do you think it's too late in the game to come down for the shootout - as far as finding a decent place to stay with a slip for the boat?
Jim
Old 08-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally posted by FunHome
How about a more relaxed, laid back get together on Sunday evening? It sounds like a lot of us will be staying over until Monday. Just a thought?
Oh, I'm up for that as well as Saturday night....whoever is staying until Monday and doesn't have to rush back to pack can meet up somewhere.
Did we ever pick a place for Saturday night? What about those of us that are going to be in town on Friday night?
All I know is that at least ONE night I have to go to Backwater Jacks...FreekAzz is looking forward to the oysters!

So suggestions for each evening?

And....those of us with VHS radios know to be on channel 69. For those of you who have mobile phones, if you'd like to post your numbers or PM them to me (i'll hold them in confidence) I'll compile a list and that might make it easier for everyone when trying to figure out where/when a group of OSO'ers are doing something.
'Foul...your number is on the men's room stall at Topsiders so i won't need yours.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Jim- i would think that there would still be vacancies available. i know troutly just cancelled his reservations at Lazy Days a couple of days ago. he also had a slip reserved at the State Park, which he also cancelled.

i would just try calling Lazy Days, The Ledges, Tan-Tara, etc. all of those places have easy access and nice slips. The Ledges might be a good place since the Shootout will be taking place right out in front.

let me know if i can help in any way.....

chad
Old 08-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Troutly isn't going??!!
Old 08-08-2002, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Chad-
Do you have phone numbers for some of those places?
I will check with the wife- her schedule has been crazy lately, but we'd like to come down if possible! haven't been there since '95- we used to be regulars.
Thanks!!
Jim

Quick Reply: Less than 3 weeks till the ShootOut!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.