Notices

Wow

Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wow

Well - Today was the first time the Daytona hit the water after three months of hard work cleaning this boat.

It was a big hit with the people and friends that saw it - a few friends didn't even know I had bought it.

It was a bigger hit with ME.
I am still in the learning stage in driving this boat. I didn't even get on the water until 2:45 today.
I had more fun in 4 hours today then the last ten years in the SCARAB.

I saw 85 earlier on the GPS but after talking to a guy with a 24 SKATER at the sand bar I did a speed run on the way back to the dam.

With the SCARAB the best I ever saw was 83 at 5400 RPM.
Today I saw 6000 RPM with the same prop and it wasn't slipping.

I have a GPS speedometer on my Razer phone ( the boat doesn't have a speedometer) and that is what I saw 85 on. But It wasn't real safe holding the phone and driving so I turned the phone off. ( blank screen - the phone was still on) Later I picked the phone up and turned it on and the GPS speedometer program was still running. To my surprise the max speed showed 90 MPH.

I was still gaining RPM when I backed off. ( My oil pressure was starting to drop - I need a bigger oil cooler.)

The boat still needs some work electrically.
some of the gauges don't work, ( engine temp, EGT, engine oil temp )

I also didn't spend the time to adjust my water dumps to hit the sides of the drive so I was worried that it was getting too hot.

Anyways - WOW what a ride. I have ridden in and driven cats before but never driven one to 85 - 90 MPH

It will take time to get used to the step bottom cat when turning.
Also the dancing around at speed is a RUSH.
this thing runs like it is on rails.

CAN YOU TELL I AM GEEKED...
Old 09-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats.. sounds like you had fun! I didn't know anyone still had razor phones :-) lol.

My lil girl(5) broke her leg so our boating has all but stopped for now!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have had several cats,when they are up on air they are a rush,take your time and learn the boat,i sold my 130 mph cat last month and already want another one,enjoy.