Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has never been to a poker run yet ? >

Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Notices

Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Old 08-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someday soon, i know they are awesome. I've seen them flyin by as I have to watch in awe.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy poker runless

Add me to the CLUB Here in Seattle I don't have many to chose from and the wone that I showed up at last year did not happen I do agree some of the prices are a little step and my Wellcraft only rus 60 so I know I will be at the back, but still smillen
Old 08-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys , one way to defray some of the cost is bring 3-4 others along and split the entry fee .... I know quite a few that do this and it seems to work out well.... especially if you have a winning hand and you hand 'em all back their share plus .... it can make for a pretty good party !!!!!

JM
Old 08-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I have been in a few and would encourage you to give it a try.

Every poker run I have been in has been great. Don’t worry about how fast your boat is, there is always someone faster. The enjoyment I get out of these is traveling to places you have never been and meeting new people. If you ever get a chance try one of the Florida Powerboat Club trips to the Keys you will not be disappointed.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

GregP, you have a 402 Formula ?? I had an '85 I loved that boat . Slow but cool as hell !

Jay , Sounds like fun . Hope mine runs soon !

Rick 252 , I like that video idea !

LEOPAJM I thought about spliting cost . good idea ,but I have seen some where everyone on board MUST pay !

Old 08-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Scarab3DMC
NOT YET ...MARRIED WITH 3 KIDS!!!!!

I second that quote
Old 08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
GMScott

Default Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

WOW!! Thanks for the thread!! And here I thought I was the timid loner for not entering or running in a Poker Run. I went down to Phila. just to watch last weekend - sure looks like fun. Even ran behind the pack for awhile. I just thought my little single engine 25'er was not a poker run type boat.

Old 08-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Hey , If it floats , it's a poker run boat ! Don't let your ego's or pride get you down . If it runs , you are ahead of me ........
Old 08-06-2002, 06:08 PM
Registered

besides ,talk about pride ........ I was out in my little 16' cacci craft last week . I was at the ramp floating next to a 25 ' Talon cat ,which from where I was sitting ,looked to be a 46 skater !!

How would you like to be in that spot knowing you have a 39' express cat at home that you are not putting your motors in because it's too hot !!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:47 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done 3 runs, The 1st one, NYC, almost killed me (literally), the second one, NYC, was ok the food sucked though. The 3rd one was the "Thunder on the Bay" out of Red Eyes Dock Bar. Cost $650.00, but the 3 partys were worth it. Open bar at 2 of them and food made right in front of you. Not bought in by some catering company in tin trays. I was the second smallest boat there ( smallest was a 18 ft. Donzi in which the owner wrote his social security # on his wristband in case something happened) We got to the 1st stop in front of a Zul powered Cig. and a bunch of other boats. Got to the lunch stop (60 miles away from the start) still mid pack. My little Thunder made me proud!! . I plan on doing this run next year. Class Act all the way!!

Red Eyes
Annies
Nauti Goose Saloon
the list goes on!!!

Quick Reply: Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.