Lets try this again. Solve the problems >

Lets try this again. Solve the problems

Notices

Lets try this again. Solve the problems

Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
While this is true and I agree 100%, its not going to be a good enough reason to get another chance at LC next year if they choose to not have it. Slowing down and using common sense is certainly what all of us need to do (some more than others obviously). But we need a solid plan even if its to partially look good on paper because that's the only way we will get another shot at it at Cumberland IMO, and other poker runs will follow. Don't take that the wrong way, I think we need a solid plan to organize runs and actually follow through with it but it needs to look good on paper for officials to agree into it.

Now that im thinking, I guess this thread is about improving the design of boats to prevent accidents and I was thinking it was about the steps we need to take to make poker runs safer but they are pretty much one in the same thing.

Kevin
Great idea.

Now see if anybody gets this: Slow down.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 09-14-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 314joey
And then we applaud in a different thread about a new 41' boat with 1650s just going 170mph,....................................... this is going to be harder than we all think.
Then there are some of us that think it is ridiculous! Open cockpit with only a life jacket for safety... LMAO
Old 09-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Yes Jim but there is a place to run that. Not a lake or river when it's crowded. There is this whole offshore thing. Atlantic, pacific, gulf. Wide open spaces. Stretch it out
I know, the problem is getting them to run where it's safe, you and I know there's lots of room at the right place, the Gulf is mighty BIG.

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Then there are some of us that think it is ridiculous! Open cockpit with only a life jacket for safety... LMAO
I'm with you, I thought when the 1650s first came out they were only going to be sold to race teams, guess not.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

The people running that boat without safety gear are simple trying to reach the light at the end of the tunnel that much faster ... anyways it all comes down to common sense or the lack thereof. People have big egos and high dollar toys. They do not care who else is on the water only that they have the biggest and fastest boat. If people don't learn to slow down then the law enforcement will eventually be the ones putting an end to it for all of us. There is a time and a place to run wide open at 150+ but it sure as hell isn't on a crowded lake. You want to play like a big boy then go out and play where the big boys run. Their is a reason they are called offshore power boats.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't matter. If they didn't sell them to the public someone else would.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered

I will not say I have the saving answer. But my Lady and I enjoy poker runs because it is a chance to run with people who have a "Go-Fasts" and we enjoy meeting the people who go with it. My boat tops out at 79. Plenty fast enough for us. Would I buy a 150 mph boat if I could afford it? You Damn right I would. Would I run it where it could cause damage? Probably not. I would like to see poker runs have speed classes. Less than 60, 61-90, 91-110, 111 & up. Maybe something to that effect. I really don't have to much fun trying to navigate around slower boats and avoiding faster boats from behind.

Drag Racing was a passion of mine for years. Running a 10 second 1970 Mustang and a 12 second 1979 Z-28. Well once you break into certain categories You must do modifications. ie helmets, Roll cages, parachutes, fuel cutoffs, five points, Now I am saying we need parachutes but maybe we could draw the experiences of other "fast" sports into our own.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Great idea.

Now see if you get this: Slow down.
Not sure why you're repeating yourself to me as you quote me saying "I AGREE WITH YOU 100%."
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The idea posted seems to me like one of those setups with the marbles and levers and dominos..you know 58 reactions interconnected to push the lever on the toaster. In the end the people who put the runs on are the ones that have to agree with it. Skip[ 27 steps and get the a rep from each of the major runs together at key west or the Miami boat show or something. Lock them in a room. they put the runs one, they will be the ones to enforce rules, they need to have each others back. The participants need to know that if they act like fool at poker run A. The rep from poler run A. is going to be on the bat phone to the reps from runs C.D.R and F. and that they will not be welcomed at those events. We participate in pr's but they are the promoters events. the promotoers need to have a concensus of whats acceptable and have each others back.Sure you might black list a couple of the ballers and it wont be pretty, but would you rather black list someone or plant them??
Old 09-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Banned

Poker run with different card stops where navigation not speed comes into play????Final stop with a 3 hour window for slower boats or cruisers?Space them out a little so they have less chance for crash or damage??
Old 09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf350
I will not say I have the saving answer. But my Lady and I enjoy poker runs because it is a chance to run with people who have a "Go-Fasts" and we enjoy meeting the people who go with it. My boat tops out at 79. Plenty fast enough for us. Would I buy a 150 mph boat if I could afford it? You Damn right I would. Would I run it where it could cause damage? Probably not. I would like to see poker runs have speed classes. Less than 60, 61-90, 91-110, 111 & up. Maybe something to that effect. I really don't have to much fun trying to navigate around slower boats and avoiding faster boats from behind.

Drag Racing was a passion of mine for years. Running a 10 second 1970 Mustang and a 12 second 1979 Z-28. Well once you break into certain categories You must do modifications. ie helmets, Roll cages, parachutes, fuel cutoffs, five points, Now I am saying we need parachutes but maybe we could draw the experiences of other "fast" sports into our own.
Lake cumberland had like 5 different speed classes which is more than most runs I believe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.