Beating my head against the wall with EMI install - HELP >

Beating my head against the wall with EMI install - HELP

Notices

Beating my head against the wall with EMI install - HELP

Old 09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beating my head against the wall with EMI install - HELP

EMI thunder exhaust with cast risers on a Mark IV 454. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the darn remote oil filter mount works. Of course you cannot get any help off of EMI's website because all of their tech links do not work (at least for me they do not). Anyone use their remote bracket with success or should I just make one and attach the damn thing somewhere else??? Thanks for any advice!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have EMI Thunders and mounted my oil filters on the transom. Easy solution.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

The brackets fit like sheeeeet. Modify what you got to make work. I bought all new brackets for like 300 bucks when I put them on my efi motors and not one bracket fit anything!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Port Monster
EMI thunder exhaust with cast risers on a Mark IV 454. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the darn remote oil filter mount works. Of course you cannot get any help off of EMI's website because all of their tech links do not work (at least for me they do not). Anyone use their remote bracket with success or should I just make one and attach the damn thing somewhere else??? Thanks for any advice!!!!
call eddie and ask for chris.....

the truth i use the old oil filter mounting bolts (the long ones),,,install the bolts through the oil filter bracket,,then i threaded the bolts theough the riser holes in the emi manifolds all the way until they bottomed out then unscrewed then 1 turn,,now measure the distance between the top of the riser holes and the bottom of the oil filter housing and made spacers,,i also added 1/8'' to the spacers so the bolts dont bottom out in the manifold..then i painted the spacers black..other wise the adaptor mounts to the 2 outter front and rear studs and the oil filter hangs off the side of the manifold..it is cheeze but it works..i loike my way better,,looks more factory.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you gentlemen for your responses. You confirmed that I was not crazy!