Warlock Tunnel Hull Question >

Warlock Tunnel Hull Question

Notices

Warlock Tunnel Hull Question

Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 385 Likes on 154 Posts

Why the knowledge hoarding . Can someone tell me where this hull design originated . Splash or otherwise .
Old 09-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of the west coast hulls were copied from Talons with a different top cap. The little wing you ask about kinda looks cool but it may also function to stiffen the center pod connection to the sponson.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JRider
A lot of the west coast hulls were copied from Talons with a different top cap. The little wing you ask about kinda looks cool but it may also function to stiffen the center pod connection to the sponson.
That's kinda what I was thinking that it was there to make that connection stronger plus had another function . Wish an expert would chime in that knows for sure . Copy of a Talon hull , maybe that's what has people pizzed off . I have asked questions before about this hull and got crickets . Thanks for the information JRider it is appreciated .
Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Performance boats.com would be a better place to ask that question as they have more info on the west coast boats.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Deep, I'm almost positive it a copy of a Talon with some subtle changes. I have a Talon and my friend has an American Offshore. The top caps are diffrent ,but, the bottoms are "almost" identical. Mine is laided up heavy. It looks the same as yours under the bow. I have seen variations in center pod depth with other brands. Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 1997 WPM had the same thing in the tunnel. I always thought it had something to do with holding in air. Call Tom and ask him. Him and his brother built them.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
Anti stuffing device , good idea . I wonder why no one else uses that design . Would these cause the hull to become unstable at a given high speed , looks like they would create lift and not only upon stuffing . The boat currently runs 83gps as if on rails .
Mine ran around 95 or so with the first motor and 100-103 on the pump gas tune and 106 giver or take on race gas tune. It was never unstable, infact if was a heavy F'ing tank! I joked with my engine builder once that you would have to build a pro mod
motor to get one to 120mph.

Build you a motor and get that SOB running!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CLA

Build you a motor and get that SOB running!
That is the plan my friend . Thanks guys for the information .
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam

I will put a call into lance. Not sure if it was a talon copy. The bottom is different. Different strake placement. And diff step placement. The WPM is the same bottom. I think Tom kept a Mold and builds it under WPM. I will let you know Lance says.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yours is a little lighter than the older ones. It's strong as ****. Not many boats would have taken the abuse it has and look so good. How many boats barrel roll at 80 and have no damage what so ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.